Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kde 4.3 teaser

Beans

Re: Kde 4.3 teaser

Quote Originally Posted by wersdaluv View Post
    How did you manage to love those minimalist DEs? I tried 'em but I just miss GNOME's features whenever I'm on them. Also, they're not as developed. Why do some people find them so appealing?
    It's a matter of personal preferences and needs. I'd choose speed and stability over features anytime. For instance, my old Celeron D PC with 368MB RAM with Linux Puppy on IceWM is more stable and runs rings around my C2D, with 1GB RAM, 256MB vid card desktop and my Turion X2 laptop-both running Ubuntu with Compiz. I use Ubuntu to show off to people and convince them to give Linux a try. My Pup do the heavy lifting.

I haven't managed to fall in love with my DE yet, my wife will kill me. Hehe he.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

The theme is already there.

So don't worry about illogical expectations.
    Introducing KDE 4, mini articles full of screenshots

I'm Mexican. If you find any mistakes please let me know, you'll help me improve my English. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by LuisAugusto View Post
    The theme is already there.

So don't worry about illogical expectations.
    Nice. Where do we get it?
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans
    Distro

Nice. Where do we get it?
    KDE 4.3 recent builds. It's available on OpenSUSE Build Service (KDE Unstable). And it looks like this on reality.

as you can see it looks exactly as the mockup, but it still a work in progress

I'm Mexican. If you find any mistakes please let me know, you'll help me improve my English. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LuisAugusto View Post
    KDE 4.3 recent builds. It's available on OpenSUSE Build Service (KDE Unstable). And it looks like this on reality.

as you can see it looks exactly as the mockup, but it still a work in progress
    Nice. I want to see a decent kde dock like Docky. Gnome Do and its docky interface is one of the biggest reasons why I don't switch from GNOME.

Beans

Nice. I want to see a decent kde dock like Docky. Gnome Do and its docky interface is one of the biggest reasons why I don't switch from GNOME.
    I'm just wondering, have you ever tried docky & gnome-do in kde4?

Beans
    Distro

Yep. Fonts are bad, GNOME Do sometimes stays behind windows, and GNOME Do can't find all KDE apps.

Beans

awts!! I kinda thought it was dekstop agnostic.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oasmar1 View Post
    It looks great, If KDE 4.3 looks like this then that will be fantastic for everybody. My only concern is that on Digg there are people being buried for their comments about how this is very similar to Vista Aero. I personally feel it looks very similar, not a critisim but really, why are these people getting their comments buried?
    I think the creator of this should atleast admit that Vista Aero was one of the inspirations of this.
    Isn't that what opensource is about? I would hate to create something and then someday find someone else is taking credit for it? even if it is Microsoft, they should still be given atleast some recognition.
    Because there is nothing on the screenshot that makes that conclusion plausible. Similar where?
    The only similar thing I see there are transparencies, that existed in Linux way before they existed in Windows.

Vista doesn't use white tones, doesn't have a blue wallpaper and the clock isn't even comparable. Vista doesn't have artwork on the transparencies either
    My blog | Arch User | Linux user #439142 | Ubuntu user #10974
    "God is real unless you declare it as integer"

Beans
    Distro

Yep. Fonts are bad, GNOME Do sometimes stays behind windows, and GNOME Do can't find all KDE apps.
    You can edit the fonts, you can force it (using kwin advance options) to stay on top of everything (or you can use apply initially), about KDE apps, I dunno how it detects them, possibly by directories or something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast