Thread: Games in the repos that have internet play

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Games in the repos that have internet play

i'm looking for some games preferably in the repos that i can play against someone over the net. i already know about nexuiz. anyone know? does not have to be a shooter game. i'm open to any and all. if you could give a brief description, that would be nice too. thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Games in the repos that have internet play

Here are a couple shooters that I have have found throughout discovering Ubuntu. Alien Area(human v. alien), Assault Cube, Urban Terror(team v.team), World of Padman(comic book style), Wolfstein:Enemy Territory , Sauerbraten, and Warsow. The games that are not in the repos can be found under playdeb...it works pretty good, there are also alot of other games that can be found under playdeb. Second Life, and much more.

Beans

Tremulous. Best. Game. Ever.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

+1 to urban terror here. Since i got on linux and i been searching for free games to play till i get some cash to buy either quake wars or NWN. But even after i get a game i'll still play urban terror one of my favorites games now.

If u like counter strike somewhat mixed with some features from quake and some other things. You'll like urban terror. I know someone will hate me for comparing it to CSS lol. But i'm a retired css player and this game after i got the swing of it felt right at home and i actually like it much better.

tremolous (think i spelled it right) all the servers i found were really far away and i had nasty pings game was alright tho.
    E.T. is good only reason i don't play it is cause i played it to death back in the day.

Also there's america's army that's free. Never really got into it tho i didn't care for it and i didn't care for it being a brain washing recruiting tool either.

I would recommend a rpg but i have yet to find a rpg that's free on linux thats good or has the lasting power to keep me busy imo. So as for rpg only thing i can suggest is $20 for neverwinter nights diamond which is a awesome game.
    Last edited by Rumbl3; February 15th, 2009 at 01:25 AM.
    Lenovo T61 *Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr*
    IBM T40 *Slacko Puppy & Windows XP SP3*

Beans

nexuiz...kinda like free quake