Thread: USB Memory Card Reader HELP!

Beans

USB Memory Card Reader HELP!

i am brand new to ubuntu. so far i love it but i have a major issue. my scandisk usb card reader isnt recognized. even when i put my micro sd card in the reader nothing pops up in the media folder. can someone please help me? i want to be able to transfer media to my memory card for my blackberry (since currently there isnt a blackberry sync for ubuntu). like i said i'm brand new to ubuntu so i dont kno all the "lingo" so if anyone can help w/ with steps on how to fix it i would GREATLY appreciate it! thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: USB Memory Card Reader HELP!

Hey, welcome to the world of Ubuntu! Could you tell me a little bit more about your computer? model, manufacturer...etc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Might also help to know which version of Ubuntu that you have. I know that I have 8.10 on my Dell d620 laptop and my Scandisk cardreader shows up fine when I have a card in it.

Might also help to post the output from lsusb in a terminal window Applications/Accessories/Terminal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

So is it a usb cardreader then?

Beans

Check the links at USB Drive mount problems Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid - If a dmesg command shows a continual "no sense" message, it might be the UDEV problem described at the links in that post.