Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Antec Fusion Black 430 LCD, Volume Knob, AND Hauppauge Remote w/ 8.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Antec Fusion Black 430 LCD, Volume Knob, AND Hauppauge Remote w/ 8.10

Quote Originally Posted by gazer22 View Post
    I'd recommend removing lirc completely (via synaptic - choose complete removal).

If you have a lirc directory in /usr/local/src (i.e, you were following my earlier directions for 8.04...), go into that and try an "sudo make uninstall"

Then reinstall lirc from intrepid-backports.

-g
    A bit worrying... when I select to remove lirc within Synaptic it claims it will also remove the following:
    - lirc-x
    - mythbuntu-common
    - mythbuntu-control-centre
    - mythbuntu-desktop
    - mythbuntu-lirc-generator

The first and last don't worry me too much, but losing the others seems a bit drastic. I'd be worried about what setup I would lose if I ditch those and have to reinstall them - or am I just being paranoid?

I'd already deleted the 8.04 stuff from /usr/local/src and only have the 8.10 stuff in there now...

Need help...

-FM
    Last edited by fatmonk; February 22nd, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
    The Fat Monk
    Systems:
    MythBox: Antec Fusion w/RM200, Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H (GeForce 7100/nForce 630i), Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB+2TB HDD, DVD-RW, Nova-T500, nVidia 8500GT PCI-E 1GB. Mythbuntu 12.04
    Other: Dell XPS15z with Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HOWTO: Antec Fusion Black 430 LCD, Volume Knob, AND Hauppauge Remote w/ 8.10

Quote Originally Posted by fatmonk View Post
    A bit worrying... when I select to remove lirc within Synaptic it claims it will also remove the following:
    - lirc-x
    - mythbuntu-common
    - mythbuntu-control-centre
    - mythbuntu-desktop
    - mythbuntu-lirc-generator

The first and last don't worry me too much, but losing the others seems a bit drastic. I'd be worried about what setup I would lose if I ditch those and have to reinstall them - or am I just being paranoid?

I'd already deleted the 8.04 stuff from /usr/local/src and only have the 8.10 stuff in there now...

Need help...

-FM

fatmonk,

I did do that on my slave machine and all settings remained but I did not try it on my master. I do not use any plug-ins other than mythweb on the master and I only use the xfce4 desktop so our results may vary.

I removed lirc and then reinstalled the myth* programs it uninstalled and if memory serves one of those myth programs will automatically attach lirc to itself in the install so you will endup getting the same version back. So myabe if you do that and then upgrade to 0.8.4a via the intrepid backport you will be ok. Have you installed 0.8.4a already?

I am using the ir and vfd in the front of the case and then my mce remote to transmit and the dongle is now hidden away behind the computer on the shelf.

rgds,

Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Note: the one thing I can't get working completely is to get the LCD to power off with the machine.

If you follow the above instructions, when you shutdown your machine, you'll see the LCD turn off, and then turn on again when the system finally shuts down. Weird. (The initial turning off of the LCD is an option in LCDd.conf - don't know why it comes back on).

I believe that this should work, as apparently it performs correctly in a Windows evironment in the same Antec case (This is at least second hand info, though).

Let me know if anyone knows how to fix that one last annoyance!
    gazer22,

I was reading some bug reports on the weekend and one thing I found is a that a couple guys have tried Backlight = 0/1 to turn on or off the backlight and they say it works I have not tried it on mine yet.

Update - on further investigation under the [imonlcd] driver section at the very bottom of the LCDd.conf there is a commmented out line for backlight = 0 or 1 leave that line there and then add Backlight=0 under the contrast line BUT this shuts off the Backlight completely - NO Good. Also in the driver section there is an exit out line which shows set a 2 currently which is what kills the backlight on shutdown which it does but then comes back on when LCDproc closes down as we notice now. So is this an Antec issue or something in imonlcd.c driver that needs to be configured as another patch to the file in lcdproc.

Dave

Dave
    Last edited by rodercot; February 23rd, 2009 at 04:41 PM.

Beans

Thanks for the responce,

I'm setting it up with an mce remote, I use a logitech 720, I have already programed the remote and it was working in vista.

Are you running intrepid rodercot?

what steps did you follow? is there one place all the steps are listed for me to follow?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Hackit View Post
    Thanks for the responce,

I'm setting it up with an mce remote, I use a logitech 720, I have already programed the remote and it was working in vista.

Are you running intrepid rodercot?

what steps did you follow? is there one place all the steps are listed for me to follow?

thanks

Hackit,

Yes, I run Mythbuntu 8.10 and XBMC. So you can follow the beginning of this post to the letter for the LCD configuration and down to step 10. Then you can jump over to my post with this link and finish setting up the MCE remote. if you have a different remote config then you will need to edit the lircd files that I supply in my post and add your own, if it is setup as an MCE remote then you should be fine with my lircd file. My lircd file alsa has the configuration for all the dish/Express Vu remote codes in so it will work with the channel change script I supplied in the post as well. If you are using a different satellite provider or cable service you will need to modify the file as per your requirements.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1075080

rgds,

Dave
    Last edited by rodercot; February 26th, 2009 at 04:18 AM.

Beans

This is killing me,

I followed the steps right up to step 10 and my lcd started to work.

I rebooted and now i'm unable to get it working.

I feel like such a noob, oh wait i'm a complete noob.

could someone explian what i have done wrong.

thanks.

I have the antec fusion 430 v2 lcd.
    i'm running intrepid, clean install.
    Last edited by Hackit; March 1st, 2009 at 05:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is killing me,

I followed the steps right up to step 10 and my lcd started to work.

I rebooted and now i'm unable to get it working....

That's a little odd, and we need a little more info to help out.

After re-booting, you should either see:
    Code:
    ## LCDproc Server ##
    Cli: 0  Scr: 0
    or one of the myth screens (probably a nice looking clock).

If you have nothing on the display, check your connections in the box.

If you have an ugly clock like this one, then you need to check that the LCD driver is running.

What are the results if you run the following command?
    Code:
    ps -e | grep -i lcd

Beans

That's a little odd, and we need a little more info to help out.

After re-booting, you should either see:
    Code:
    ## LCDproc Server ##
    Cli: 0  Scr: 0
    or one of the myth screens (probably a nice looking clock).

If you have nothing on the display, check your connections in the box.

If you have an ugly clock like this one, then you need to check that the LCD driver is running.

What are the results if you run the following command?
    Code:
    ps -e | grep -i lcd
    Thanks for the reply,

I have nothing showing other than the light is blue.

Here is the output of the comand:

Code:
    ps -e | grep -i lcd
     5186 ?        00:00:00 LCDd
     6602 ?        00:00:00 mythlcdserver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

...I have nothing showing other than the light is blue.

Here is the output of the comand:

Code:
    ps -e | grep -i lcd
     5186 ?        00:00:00 LCDd
     6602 ?        00:00:00 mythlcdserver
    Well, that looks good. What's the output to lsusb?

Beans

Well, that looks good. What's the output to lsusb?
    Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 006 Device 009: ID 046d:c714 Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 006 Device 008: ID 046d:c713 Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 006 Device 007: ID 046d:0b04 Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 003: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04b4:6830 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68300A EZ-USB AT2 USB 2.0 to ATA/ATAPI
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast