Thread: Mactel patches - are they being upstreamed?

Beans

Mactel patches - are they being upstreamed?

Hi!

I just wanted to know wether or not the patches being offered on the Mactel PPA are going to find their way into Jaunty?

What about the "config file" fixes - such as sound on MBP 3&4,1 / caps-lock light etc ??

If not, why is this?

I really hope they are, as I think we are close to the point where the majority of Intel Macs *could* have everything working OOTB.
    Asus 1015px
    Macbook Pro 4.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mactel patches - are they being upstreamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisj303 View Post
    Hi!

I just wanted to know wether or not the patches being offered on the Mactel PPA are going to find their way into Jaunty?

What about the "config file" fixes - such as sound on MBP 3&4,1 / caps-lock light etc ??

If not, why is this?

I really hope they are, as I think we are close to the point where the majority of Intel Macs *could* have everything working OOTB.
    bugs are filed for pretty much everything. that doesn't mean they will find their way into jaunty though. I know that some of the drivers and applesmc should be making it into jaunty because they were added upstream in the Linux kernel.

It would be helpful if people tested jaunty though to see if things are working or not, especially on hardware that was having issues on intrepid.