Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge for all you Microsoft haters!

Beans

Re: Challenge for all you Microsoft haters!

Quote Originally Posted by HittingSmoke View Post
    You've earned the right to bash them by admitting that you threw lots of money into their software? If Microsoft products were so bad then why did you continue buying them right up until the most recent OS release?
    Actually for many years we didn't have much choice, it was either Windows or Apple systems bad or badder. (or no computer)
    A few years ago Linux was NOT a realistic option for average users.

Also having actually used several products by a certain brand, gives more right to complain about their general quality than not having used it.

If you buy a car and it's total trash, you don't buy that brand again, because there is many alternatives.
    If there is only two brands, and you know the other brand is even worse, then what? You need a car for whatever reason, what do you do?
    http://www.buffalox.dk
    Warning may contain MS bashing.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloX View Post
    Actually for many years we didn't have much choice, it was either Windows or Apple systems bad or badder. (or no computer)
    A few years ago Linux was NOT a realistic option for average users.

Also having actually used several products by a certain brand, gives more right to complain about their general quality than not having used it.

If you buy a car and it's total trash, you don't buy that brand again, because there is many alternatives.
    If there is only two brands, and you know the other brand is even worse, then what? You need a car for whatever reason, what do you do?
    My point was more along the lines of him purchasing Vista after apparently having such bad luck with everything before it and still blaming Microsoft instead of himself for having spent money on them. XP is fine, there's no reason to upgrade to Vista other than for Aero or just to have the latest release. There was also ample time to test beta versions for free before making the step to purchase it. Hell, there's even a trial on the disk if you have a friend that will let you borrow it.

There's been plenty of people using Ubuntu before Vista was released with no problems. They didn't seem to feel forced into purchasing it then complaining about it.
    And the thread title of the year award goes to...
    " Supositories not working - On the verge of losing it here - help!"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cprofitt View Post
    1. Microsoft does not lock you in to 'Microsoft' hardware.
    2. Microsoft does not lock you in to over-priced hardware
    3. Active Directory can support Windows, Linux and OS X machines
    4. Visual Studio is the 'best of breed' IDE
    5. Microsoft created business for consultants and computer support businesses
    6. IE 6, 7 or 8 is better than Safari
    7. Xbox / Xbox 360
    8. Microsoft is not Apple
    1. Amen!
    2. Amen!
    6. Amen!
    8. AMEN!!!

Beans
    Hidden!

The office assistants are the best!!!!!!1111one

Beans

Personally i think Apple > MS but that's more cause i'm more use to it, it works nicely, it looks nice (and i'm a more of a GUI person than the terminal) and it has one good, solid program that does a job better than the 1000 programs windows has scattered accross the internet.

Also i'm into film/movie editing/soundtracks/etc. and Final Cut Live Type and Soundtrack all work perfect for that.

Microsoft made the 360 though, which is by far, my favorite gaming console

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

My nice thing about Microsoft is that they have helped Linux grow. They brought a lot of people to using computers and that led them here and to other distros.
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans

If you love Microsoft so much, you ought to go spend a few hundred dollars on their software rather than steal it. If you like Microsoft so much, you ought to love the fact that they are trying to knock Linux out of the market. You ought to love that Microsoft is fully committed to not allowing you to own software even though they ask you to pay an incredibly large amount of money for it.
    if (linux == choice) {lsb != linux;}
    else {linux = windows;}

http://one.xthost.info/aios

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

They gave us WindowsME

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb View Post
    The office assistants are the best!!!!!!1111one
    I hear ya'!!!!!11!!!one!!!exclamationmark

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote:
    Code:
    You've earned the right to bash them by admitting that you threw lots of money into their software? If Microsoft products were so bad then why did you continue buying them right up until the most recent OS release?

Sounds more like you should be mad at yourself. When I see women at a store buying $2000+ over priced designer purses that are less or equal in functionality to a $10 purse, I don't get angry at the companies making them. I get angry at the fools keeping them in business and I quietly shake my head in pity of the ignorant fools who will throw money at any company that tells them they need to.

You earned nothing.

Because I once was lost, but now I am found! I once was blind, but now I can see! I once was crippled, but now I can crawl! I once was crazy, but now I am sane! I once was stupid, but now I am smart! and I can go on and on and on and on and on and on, but I tell you what, If you wan't to refund my money I will quit being mad at me, myself, I, Gates, you, and anyone else you want me to quit being mad at...

EDIT:Yea, what BuffaloX said at the top of the page also....wish I would have thought of that...

EDIT #2: I did not buy Vista. It was pre installed on the computer I bought. Which by the way only has Ubuntu 8.10 on it now...
    Last edited by Leo Dragonheart; February 24th, 2009 at 04:02 AM.
    T.B.U. = True Blue Ubuntu... Leo Dragonheart

" Seek knowledge carefully. It can and will 'byte' back if given the chance..." L.M.Dragonheart

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast