Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TinyCore 1.1 is out!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

TinyCore 1.1 is out!

For those that hopped on the TinyCore train not so long ago, or those that may be interested, TinyCore 1.1 has been released.

Read the release notes from the TinyCore forums here. Or just find the ISO here.
    Spiralinear: Humanity & Machines
    RUNNING: Fedora | FreeBSD | Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: TinyCore 1.1 is out!

i checked it out. its something like that i would like but there is no danish keyboard layout. if i could find out how to get that i would prefer to start with tinycore before i try linux from scratch. i have the book in a printed version but i did not have time to try it yet.

but i like the real simple look of tiny core. in fact one of my computers i use debian lenny with jwm as desktop has the same kind of minimalism over it. there is a menu item for terminal and for webbrowser and thats it.

i will keep an eye out for tiny core and when it got a dansih keyboard layout i will down load it again.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cmay View Post
    i checked it out. its something like that i would like but there is no danish keyboard layout. if i could find out how to get that i would prefer to start with tinycore before i try linux from scratch. i have the book in a printed version but i did not have time to try it yet.

but i like the real simple look of tiny core. in fact one of my computers i use debian lenny with jwm as desktop has the same kind of minimalism over it. there is a menu item for terminal and for webbrowser and thats it.

i will keep an eye out for tiny core and when it got a dansih keyboard layout i will down load it again.
    doesn't it use X? if so you can change the /etc/X11/xorg.conf to use danish keyboard...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

its something like that i would like but there is no danish keyboard layout.
    Try posting in the TinyCore forums about this. I'm sure somebody there would have a solution for you. The link to the "release announcement" should take you to a post in the forums there, just start a thread and ask. I'm sure you aren't the only user with this issue. Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Sorivenul View Post
    Try posting in the TinyCore forums about this. I'm sure somebody there would have a solution for you. The link to the "release announcement" should take you to a post in the forums there, just start a thread and ask. I'm sure you aren't the only user with this issue. Good luck!
    i think it was the last version i downloaded after reading a post about it here in the forums but there was no Danish keyboard layout but it could be done when installing over an existing linux installation. the package containing other layouts should somehow be downloaded i think.

wish i could use the core linux as it is as a simple light live cd . its minimal and does only the few things i want from a live cd mosly. just internet acces and a little gui to keep it handy to use. for me it would be great to have such simple distribution with great hardware detection and support.

i am afraid it takes more time than i have on my hands right now but i want to keep an eye out for it.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

i am afraid it takes more time than i have on my hands right now but i want to keep an eye out for it.
    kagashe actually did some work on this issue, and created a TinyCore extension you can download and use. It should support a Danish layout, as Danish layouts are supported in kb-1.14.1. Read about it here:
    http://www.tinycorelinux.com/faq.html#keyboard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Sorivenul View Post
    kagashe actually did some work on this issue, and created a TinyCore extension you can download and use. It should support a Danish layout, as Danish layouts are supported in kb-1.14.1. Read about it here:
    http://www.tinycorelinux.com/faq.html#keyboard
    thanks you very much. i am going to download this and burn it right away.
    thanks for the time to find this out. i think its very exiting little distro and i been looking for something like this for some time.
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i been playing with tinycore right now. i think i am going to use it for a small hobby project on a older computer of mine. i want it to be a email machine and i see it has a skype install script. this is really great.
    i am installing open-solaris again right now so i am going to be with out a debian lenny install for a while. i hope i can live trough that
    thanks for the links to the page concerning the keyboard isssue once again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

thanks for the links to the page concerning the keyboard isssue once again.
    No problem, I spend plenty of time testing and researching other systems, so this has now been added to my knowledge bank as well.

I hope it works for you, and that others may find it helpful in the future.

Beans

I use DSL as my 'Mini Linux' OS. How does TinyCore compare? Would anyone say that it's better?
    "The Map is Not the Territory" - Alfred Korzybski

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast