Re: new HOWTO: MythTV with Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy), with Hauppauge PVR-150

Quote Originally Posted by Smika
    I have a PVR 150MCe (same as the PVR150). I have some errors in the dmesg:

[...]
    [4294694.519000] cx25840 0-0044: unable to open firmware v4l-cx25840.fw
    [...]
    [4294694.648000] ivtv0: i2c attach to card #0 ok [client=tda9887, addr=43]
    [4294695.302000] ivtv0: unable to open firmware v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw
    [4294695.302000] ivtv0: did you put the firmware in the hotplug firmware directory?
    Did you really, really put the firmware in the correct directory? That directoy may be different from other systems for your distribution.

If it still does not work then you have proven that your card is not the same as a PVR150. As far as I know, MCE Products are specifically made for Windows MCE and will not work with Linux.

Beans

Sorry that I not edit my question. Because My Tv card 150MCE works fine now. The only thing that I must do was rebooting my computer. So the PVR150MCE works fine with linux. Now I have some other problems with mythtv, but i will search for a solution first before i ask it here.

Thanka lot,

Smika

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by barbex
    As far as I know, MCE Products are specifically made for Windows MCE and will not work with Linux.
    I have PVR-150MCE ... it works GREAT in Linux. Only problem i have is my cable listings I'm in Jamaica and i get my cable from ALL over the US so i would ave to create a custimzed XMLTV fiile

Beans

The only problem that I have now, is that when i give the command:

mythbackend &mythfrontend, he will not start, becuase he can not write to a file. But when i first login with sudo in the konsole and then I do mythbackend &mythfrontend, then the mythbacken will run, but the m,ythfrontend will not? Mythfrontend will only run when i am not logn with sudo. How can i solve this problem? because now i can only run mythtv and can ony see and record tv, but i have not the menu. Please help.

Smika

Beans
    Hidden!

You will have to clarify your request a bit, it's a little confusing.

"mythbackend &mythfrontend" - I hope this is a typo, it should be mythfrontend & mythbackend.

"Mythfrontend will only run when i am not logn with sudo." - That is what is supposed to happen, you should be logged in as the user Mythtv.

"because now i can only run mythtv and can ony see and record tv, but i have not the menu." - Are you talking about the mythtv menu? What do you see when you start myth?
    Never eat more than you can lift!

Beans

Sorry for my bad request. I am on my work now, so I have not very much time, sorry for it.

Thanks for tip 1, I will try it.

Tip 2: I don;t know how i can login asmythtv user. But i will find out tonight. If i can't find it, I will let you know.

Tip 3: I don;t see the mythtv menu. When I start mythtv, I see only a tv channel and i can record when i press R. SO i don;t see a menu.

I hope you understand this.

Smika

Beans
    Hidden!

Logging in as mythtv is normal, during Hyams HowTo user mythtv is created.

When you reboot who do you log in as?

I don't understand the lack of menus, I recommend uninstalling mythtv and then reinstalling it.

Don't give up hope, I went through the HowTo at least 3 times before I finally got it to work.

Each installation varies from the HowTo because of the hardware you use.

Maybe HowTo should be called HowIdidits.

I've just checked the howto and in step 6.1 during the mythtv install:
    "The mythtv install that you just ran automatically created a "mythtv" user. "
    So when you reboot login as mythtv after you have set a password for mythtv.
    Last edited by Titus A Duxass; May 11th, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
    Never eat more than you can lift!

Beans

I was following this HOWTO, http://hyams.webhop.net/mythtv/myth_ubuntu.html, with Ubuntu 5.10, Breezy and PVR-150 Card. Everything was working OK until the line: cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg, because I do not have a video0 file in my /dev directory, I don't know why that is. Did a driver not load properly, everything seem to work OK.

Beans

I reply your message 15 minutes ago, but I think there was something wrong. But I had the same problem. You must reboot your computer and wait 30 second. Then yu must turn your computer on and everything must work fine.

Smika

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

First off: thanks for the guide, it has helped me immensly!

The box: AMD64 3000+ / Foxconn Winfast nForce 430 w/ 6150 / PATA IDE HDD / 1GB Ram

The software: Breezy w/ 2.6.12-10-amd64-generic / mythTV 0.18 (64 bit compiled debs from guide)

The questions:

1) I have myth working great with live TV, but I tried recording some stuff last night and it seems to stutter a single from every 30 seconds or so, also scenes with fast movement get "blocky" I didn't get a chance to check top when it was recording, as it was late-late night. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

(answering my own questions here)
    Seemed to fix itself after a reboot.

2) I want to install mythDVD mythVideo mythGame etc. but I can't do apt-get install ... because it doesn't recognize my 64bit mythTV install. I tried downloading from the myth site and compliling but I get a bunch of errors. I am a newbie, anyone have any ideas on compiling plugins for 0.18/64bit?

I took a deep breath and "rolled my own" last night, following the gude for 0.19 and all went well. I'm not sure if this is truly "tuned" for 64 bit, but ehhh, at this point, I don't really care.
    Last edited by chiefy; May 18th, 2006 at 01:51 PM.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast