Thread: finding wireless card for damn small linux

Beans

finding wireless card for damn small linux

anyone know the best way to find a wireless card to work with my 10 year old pc and damn small linux? it's damn fast and i would be willing to pay some cash and install a wireless card but i have no idea where to begin looking for computer parts for old computers

Beans

Re: finding wireless card for damn small linux

bump i found this one on amazon for $30 that the wiki says works out of the box. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...4228746&sr=8-2 i checked my motherboard and i do have expansion slots. does it matter how old your motherboard is as long as you have space to put the card?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i should not think so. but in some older computers there is a warning on the video card how much ram on the card it can take before it breaks something. my first computer which is 14 years old i can stick every new expantion card in with no problem other than the video card. it has a little sticky note printed on it how the specs maximum may be for it to work and it warns about voltage and ram size minimm and maximum. in case of netcard there should be no problems.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cmay View Post
    i should not think so. but in some older computers there is a warning on the video card how much ram on the card it can take before it breaks something. my first computer which is 14 years old i can stick every new expantion card in with no problem other than the video card. it has a little sticky note printed on it how the specs maximum may be for it to work and it warns about voltage and ram size minimm and maximum. in case of netcard there should be no problems.
    thanks man