Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Beans
    2,132

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    Quote Originally Posted by chucky chuckaluck View Post
    thanks, CF.
    No problem. I too remember the Café thread regarding this.

    Anyway, vim (or nano ) in a full-screen terminal should replace this just fine. If you want a word processor, check out WordGrinder.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oz
    Beans
    4,408

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    424

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals_fan View Post
    No problem. I too remember the Café thread regarding this.

    Anyway, vim (or nano ) in a full-screen terminal should replace this just fine. If you want a word processor, check out WordGrinder.
    oh no, i just thought it was pretty. i was thinking of using a screenshot of it for a wallpaper.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals_fan View Post
    I find it vaguely disquieting that someone who has chosen to use a Mac would spend money on a word processor who's UI was designed to obscure the environment they chose to use.

    Don't get me wrong, I understand all about wanting to eliminate distractions, and if this works for someone, then more power to them. I just find it odd, is all.
    Have you ever found something in the second-to-last place you looked?
    If it seems like I am ignoring you, perhaps I am.
    world:~ mike$ rm -f /earth/united_states/washington/redmond/M$ █

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    424

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheC View Post
    I find it vaguely disquieting that someone who has chosen to use a Mac would spend money on a word processor who's UI was designed to obscure the environment they chose to use.

    Don't get me wrong, I understand all about wanting to eliminate distractions, and if this works for someone, then more power to them. I just find it odd, is all.
    when i was a kid, i was afraid of the dark. one night, i couldn't take how messy my room had gotten, so i grabbed the bull by the tail and, facing the music, turned the light off.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    You are thinking about PyRoom. The original thread pertaining to WriteRoom and the birth of PyRoom is here.
    Spiralinear: Humanity & Machines
    RUNNING: Fedora | FreeBSD | Windows 7

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    424

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorivenul View Post
    You are thinking about PyRoom. The original thread pertaining to WriteRoom and the birth of PyRoom is here.
    i was really thinking about writeroom. pyroom doesn't have a look i'd use for a wallpaper (for sure, a superficial interest). i guess that must be the thread, though. but, my memory of it is different (too many bottles of cabernet in between, probably). thanks for the links.


    edit: just tried pyroom. not for me.
    Last edited by chucky chuckaluck; February 12th, 2009 at 06:32 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oz
    Beans
    4,408

    Re: what's the name of that plain looking text app?

    Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky chuckaluck View Post
    when i was a kid, i was afraid of the dark. one night, i couldn't take how messy my room had gotten, so i grabbed the bull by the tail and, facing the music, turned the light off.


    That was so tasty I had to put it in a sandwich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •