Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: VDPAU- Should I try it?

Beans

Re: VDPAU- Should I try it?

I've been using jya's ubuntu 8.10 repository for a while and have been very happy.

However recently something seems to be going funny with the dependencies. Earlier in the week there was an Myth update that wouldn't fully install without me removing nvidia-180-libvdpau and installing nvidia-185-libvdpau. Anyway after some trouble I got 185 install and everything was good.

Anyway today I notice that there is another myth update which now wants to uninstall 185 and install 180. I would prefer to stick with 185 now I have it installed.

Is this just me missing something and can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks.

Utar

[Edit: just noticed on Jya's website that he has reverted back to 180 so please ignore the above!]
    Last edited by utar; June 10th, 2009 at 09:41 PM.

Beans

I've noticed this too. I'm not doing this update as I'm happy and working with 185. I'd like to hear why they are downgrading it.

Beans

Beans

having problems with 185. using update manager rolled back to 180 drivers, unfortunately went ahead with a partial upgrade using updated manager and am stuck with 158 drivers. I've tried jya's method using synaptic but this removes myth and mplayer to no avail.

Been working on this for days trying to roll back drivers without success. anyone got any tips, tricks, etcfor rolling back the drivers i.e. synaptic or other i may be missing ?

tia, danny

Beans

Have you tried remove ALL nvidia, kernel and all then reinstall?

Beans

using synaptic wants to remove dependencies, mythtv mplayer, gecko.

don't where to go from here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dano1 View Post
    having problems with 185. using update manager rolled back to 180 drivers, unfortunately went ahead with a partial upgrade using updated manager and am stuck with 158 drivers. I've tried jya's method using synaptic but this removes myth and mplayer to no avail.

Been working on this for days trying to roll back drivers without success. anyone got any tips, tricks, etcfor rolling back the drivers i.e. synaptic or other i may be missing ?

tia, danny
    Disable the testing repository.

In the testing repository you have newer packages linked against 185.xx ; so it won't let you go down to 180.xx

Beans

already tried that, same thing happens. Can not downgrade drivers without removing myth. cannot upgrade myth either, installed versions shows as latest version. Will try a previous backup and see if i can downgrade from that.

Any more help is greatly appreciated. Thanks jya,

danny

Beans

Whats wrong with removing myth? You can reinstall it again after the downgrade. All your settings will still be there.

Beans

rolled back to 180.60 drivers, and system is stable. unfortunately have better visual with 185 drivers, except for lockups . any word on upgraded 185 drivers? Wish they were "stable"

tia, danny

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast