Thread: TCP/IP RESET , urgent help required

Beans

TCP/IP RESET , urgent help required

I have recently subscribed to a DSL internet service which is pretty good. I have connected this modem to two PCS via Ethernet (A main desktop computer which has loads of important documents, and a simple IBM Laptop)and a third laptop using the WI-FI technologoy. Both laptops seem to be working perfectally, however the main desktop computer, seems to connect to the network however doesnot send or recieve packets which is pretty frusturating.

When I click the repair button the following error shows up " failed to query TCP/IP SETTINGS ......" After weeks of looking around for a solution, nothing seemed to work, including the netshell utility and some softwares that promised to reset TCP/IP settings.

So if anyone at all has any idea on how to fix this problem, even if manually, then please reply.

Thank you for ur time

Beans

Re: TCP/IP RESET , urgent help required

is this a windows machine?? you could try providing static ip//.

Beans

Yes it is Windows XP PRO, I used the address and stuff for the ip and gateway and restared the computer everytime i set the settings but nothing works . this is LAN BY THE WAY. I need the reset the TCP/IP SETTINGS but I can`t find a way tht can help me.

Beans

you could try following this to setup static ip in windows http://www.prash-babu.com/2008/09/in...ut-not-on.html