Thread: gnome-system-monitor: display second CPU core in panel display

Beans

gnome-system-monitor: display second CPU core in panel display

Hey guys, I had a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I was wondering if there was a way to get gnome-system-monitor to display CPU utilization for my second core in the gnome-panel-applet view. Right now it only shows the utilization for processor 0. If I open up the main gnome-system-monitor I can see it picking up and graphing both CPU's I was wondering if there was a way that I could get a graph of that second CPU included with the other graphs. Thanks in advance for any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: gnome-system-monitor: display second CPU core in panel display

Quote Originally Posted by pormogo View Post
    Hey guys, I had a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. I was wondering if there was a way to get gnome-system-monitor to display CPU utilization for my second core in the gnome-panel-applet view. Right now it only shows the utilization for processor 0. If I open up the main gnome-system-monitor I can see it picking up and graphing both CPU's I was wondering if there was a way that I could get a graph of that second CPU included with the other graphs. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Mine shows an amalgamation of both my cores, if one is running at 100% then the applet shows 50% total CPU use, I doubt yours is any different.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way