Thread: [Ubuntu MID] creat an application

Beans

[Ubuntu MID] creat an application

Hi all,
    any one pls tell me step by step develop a program for Ubuntu MID? is there any IDE for programming?
    If not, how can i write a program more rapidy?
    Thank you very much

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [Ubuntu MID] creat an application

I believe you'd be looking at GTK (works with c, c++, python, a ton of other languages) or Clutter for the GUI toolkit. In regards to the IDE - feel free to use your favourite, as any would do.

Beans

Vadi,
    thanks for your reply. GTK and Clutter are libraries that help to programming.
    But i have another question : if i use NetBeans as IDE, must I install it on Ubuntu MID ou I write code on my compter and then bring that code to Ubuntu MID ?
    My problem is i don't know how to write code for my app. What are All things that i have done?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well, you can just install Ubuntu MID inside a virtualization program - like Virtualbox, have the MID and your computer share folders. So write code on your computer, and run it inside the MID.

Keep in mind that the MID isn't like an iPhone or Android - it's a more fully-featured OS, very similar to a normal OS. So apps that you write for it most likely will run just fine on a Linux or if you're using something cross-platform, on windows / mac.

Just remember about the resolution differences