Thread: can anyone please elaborate on laptop security and public wifi hotspots? how 2 secure

Beans
    Hidden!

Question can anyone please elaborate on laptop security and public wifi hotspots? how 2 secure

I've been travelling to a number of coffee shops across the city and started to somehow be concerned about laptop security. I realize, by default, ubuntu is pretty secure. I am wondering if there is anything further I can do, to help protect my privacy and data, while i float from place to place having a cup of coffee on my ubuntu laptop. i don't hear too much about what extra measures a person can take, that will literally, help make things more secure. i do not run sshd from this laptop, and samba shares, are password protected.

thanks so much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: can anyone please elaborate on laptop security and public wifi hotspots? how 2 se

What kind of security are you talking about?If you are talking about the box's security, you should not worry about it.But if you are talking about CONNECTION security, then use VPN