Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ATI Radeon HD 3670 and Ubuntu

Beans

Re: ATI Radeon HD 3670 and Ubuntu

i have HD 3200. mine is a desktop with AMD Phenom X4. Ubuntu 9.10 is working fine with fglrx driver.

Beans

I have fglrx driver installed on my ubuntu dell xps 16 (ati radeon hd 3670). I have installed no-backfill update so no performance issues. But lately, on opening some sites in Firefox (once in opera also), the compiz crashes and I am logged out of the system.

Here is the pasty of the relevant dmesg
    http://pastebin.com/RR56CWPj

I have no clue as to how a crash could be activated by some page being opened in Firefox, but this behavior is reproducible.

Could somebody help me with out with any details. Example, what IRQ 32 is. Or point me to a forum where I can get/post details about the problem.

Beans

Seems like Compiz is not causing the problem. Disabled Compiz, and the bug persists. Here is the log now.

http://pastebin.com/i2LwbaTt

This is the only information I get from dmesg.

Beans

Re: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 and Ubuntu/Kubuntu

Could anyone tell me how does suspend and resume work with Mobility radeon ATI HD3670 with free ati drivers in ubuntu/kubuntu stable release.
    Thanks

I have DELL STUDIO XPS 1640 WITH ATI HD3670

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I can't remember having any issues with the last installs or even while upgrading to Maverick. You shouldn't have any problems I would imagine.

Beans

I have this 3670 in one of my laptops; Dell xps-1640 and I installed the propriety driver from the administration > additional drivers with meerkat and it worked like charm.

With previous versions of ubuntu I had to manually install the driver; now the compiz works just fine and 3d is awsome no lags at all.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456