View Poll Results: AcerHK GUI

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't use the acerhk driver with my computer.

2 16.67%
  • Tried it, but it fails to run. I will post feedback.

5 41.67%
  • Tried it and it works, but I have some suggestions.

2 16.67%
  • Tried it, it works great and was just what I was looking for!

3 25.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AcerHK GUI -- GUI for users of the 'acerhk' driver to control wireless/bluetooth

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: AcerHK GUI -- GUI for users of the 'acerhk' driver to control wireless/bluetooth

Thank you.

Let's keep this one up, guys!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: AcerHK GUI -- GUI for users of the 'acerhk' driver to control wireless/bluetooth

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the word of encouragement.

Beans

Hi, I just get Acer laptop some months before and your gui is helpful.
    I just wonder on why your deb package is not put for "all" architecture instead of i386 as it's python. I'm using amd64 distribution so it's a little anoying (must force installation)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

""is not put for "all" architecture instead of i386 as it's python""

Well, good question. Yes, everything in the package should run equally well on 386 / 64 architectures; however, I did that because it was my understanding that the acerhk driver only works on i386 machines. In doing so, I had hope to avoid a lot of questions about why it won't work on my machine.

I had no idea that it worked on 64 bit versions of Linux.

I will look at changing the architecture to any for the next release when I package it.

Which version are you using?

Beans

On amd64 we need to compile it too to have the led working and it's compiling well with last acerhk module avalaible on PPA for karmic
    I use the 0.6 version of the gui

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ok. Great. I did not know that. I will update packages to be "any".

I wish I received more feedback such as this.

Thanks Much
    Arick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just recently upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10. Not sure why the AcerHK module doesn't load. Investigating. While my wireless works fine, without acerhk, I have no way to enable my bluetooth (that I am aware of). Anyone that can give me more information about the acerhk driver and where on earth it went/how to load it, will be much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I can vouch for this brilliant program, my computer dosnt always connect to wifi automaticly when I turn my computer on and this is the best way to fix this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have just posted version 0.7 of this little program.

The key changes here has been the incorporation of downloading and installing the acerhk.ko (32-bit) precompiled module.

NOTE: There is a bug in the code I have not been able to work out so far that fails to run the proper code that will enable the module to be seen. Perform the following:

a. Do a first run of acerhkgui and then Exit.

b. From a command line the following code:
    Code:
    sudo depmod -a
    c. Run acerhkgui and it should find the module then. All subsequent runs until the kernel is updated again will work perfectly.

I would appreciate an experienced python user that could help me figure out where my issue with the code running from the program is.

Sorry in advance for 64-bit users. If someone knows of a pre-compiled version of the acerhk.ko that I can get or link to let me know.

MANY THANKS to the user at this link.
    http://www.edbl.no/karmic/amilo_1718...buntu_9.10.txt
    64-bit users will likely find support here that can help you. You should compile and install acerhk.ko before running my gui. Please let me know if my program checking for the acerhk.ko module on a 64-bit computer causes any problems.

Source Forge is where the program is located. Many thanks to users.
    Last edited by arm-c; February 18th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.

Beans

Thanks for the program but i need some further help.

managed to get the gui installed and it looks like it says it should in this thread. when i finally got it to recognize the acerhk.ko file the card started to recognize wireless signals but had trouble connecting to a signal. then it stopped working -- led stopped - no wireless signals evident, etc -- don't know what changed or happened but the gui doesn't seem to make any difference to the wireless button anymore.

do you have any suggestions?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast