Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I uninstall ATI Catalyst Driver?

Beans

Re: How do I uninstall ATI Catalyst Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by mayur_rathi90 View Post
    sh./fglrx-uninstall.sh
    this command is not working it says
    bash: sh./fglrx-uninstall.sh: No such file or directory
    you need to cd to /etc/ati before running the command or it won't find the script. I just upgraded to the latest Catalyst (10.4 I believe) and it works fine as long as you have a supported card (HD2400 or better) after uninstalling the old version of Catalyst.

One of the main problems I see is that everyone says install the ATI drivers without asking what card people have or what version they are running. This is what leads to systems getting borked, not the driver itself so we need to start asking people the right questions before giving advice.
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: How do I uninstall ATI Catalyst Driver?

if you have a onboard vga,
    remove PCI video card and boot up.
    synaptic->Installed-> find the pkg.->fglrx-amdccle and complete remove

all done

hopes it will be usefull

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@mayur_rathi90

did you make sure you are in the directory where the file is located?

Also you'll need to run it as SuperUser

sudo sh ./FileToInstall.run
    Last edited by bcooperb; June 21st, 2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by markbuntu View Post
    Failure to read the release notes and installer instructions does not constitute false and unhelpful information or any failure by ati or linux or ubuntu ... .
    Excluse me please for putting it that bluntly, but you're gratuitously a smartass.

I had a similar problem with uninstalling, and I knew what I had to do, since I did it repeatedly in the past. Only, after an upgrade from lucid to maverick the ATI uninstall script was gone, so the instructions provided by ATI were useless.

Your way of answering questions assumes you know everything that happens on someone else's computer. Which may at least occasionally not be the case.

THe only advice that helped was to use aptitude in a console - for some reason kubuntu's default package manager doesn't find the packages to be uninstalled, and synaptic was no longer in the start menu after the upgrade (although I just discovered it's still installed).

Posting this only so googling for "maverick luxid ati driver fglrx uninstall" (which is what I did) should find this solution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123