Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things to do with a 100 dollars.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thumbs up Things to do with a 100 dollars.

So I have scrimped and saved up a hundred dollars over the last year, with the promise to myself that this money would be spent on something fun/cool dealing with computers/tech toys. Funny thing is that I cant really think of anything I really want, since my computer is running slicker than oil, my ipod works whenever I bother to charge the thing, heck I dont even need extra hardrive space, and my old printer is still going strong under linux.

So, I come to you dear forum, give me ideas on how to spend my reward for being good and thrifty last year. Suggest cool techy things that you want. Its fine if they are over a 100 dollars, since I have waited this long and patience is free.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Things to do with a 100 dollars.

Save it up?

Blog | I'm available for programming contributions. C & Python.
    Intel Core i7 920 | EVGA x58 SLI | NVidia GeForce 8600 GT | WD 500GB HDD | Corsair XMS3 3GB | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans

I'm saving up to buy a network music stereo.

This to be more exact:

http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Ph..._4842-201.html

It's around 120-150 euro.

I already use a upnp server (mediatomb) to stream video to my ps3.

This bad boy would replace my 8 year old 30 euro micro stereo in my kitchen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

An Ubuntu branded hoodie from the Ubuntu shop?
    Kipling - "if"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Islington View Post
    So I have scrimped and saved up a hundred dollars over the last year, with the promise to myself that this money would be spent on something fun/cool dealing with computers/tech toys. Funny thing is that I cant really think of anything I really want, since my computer is running slicker than oil, my ipod works whenever I bother to charge the thing, heck I dont even need extra hardrive space, and my old printer is still going strong under linux.

So, I come to you dear forum, give me ideas on how to spend my reward for being good and thrifty last year. Suggest cool techy things that you want. Its fine if they are over a 100 dollars, since I have waited this long and patience is free.

Continue saving it and spend it on something other than tech gadgets. Heck I know I'm trying to save up money to buy a new sail for my Windsurfer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

You can buy some lower end computers on E-Bay to refurbish (and resell) or to experiment with.

Beans

Go out and get drunk!
    Hmmm...

Beans

Six words:

All you can eat taco weekend!
    Open Source Kupo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

A Wacom tablet is always fun. Refurbished Intuos 3s can be had for around $99 (for the smallest).
    Meh

Beans

I'd buy another Olympus 35 SP rangefinder camera from ebay.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast