Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Linux Mint] Can't boot up!

Beans

Re: [Linux Mint] Can't boot up!

Oh yeah, tried that too. Didn't really seem to make any diffrence. Thanks though.
    Are you a trumpet player?
    'On vacation for the week. In Yosemite National Park. A sign on the road said, “Speeding kills bears.” And all I can think is, “Who let them drive in the first place?"' -Stephan Pastis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've had similar problems on a couple of old systems. I usually ended up fixing them with custom boot parameters. So a couple of things you could try would be

noapic

or if that doesn't work try

no acpi

or the combination of the two. also there was a time when I had to disable dmraid when installing fedora. Although from what you're describing I wouldn't guess that. but the apic and acpi might help.

when you boot into the disk there should be an option for more options or custom boot. or something to that effect.
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

Beans

Unfortunantly. Those didn't help thanks very much for trying to help though.

In other news: I got Debian to run perfectly. But please don't make me stay here!! Debian is just... too... sterile.........
    Are you a trumpet player?
    'On vacation for the week. In Yosemite National Park. A sign on the road said, “Speeding kills bears.” And all I can think is, “Who let them drive in the first place?"' -Stephan Pastis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123