Thread: Ubuntu India LoCo IRC session.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ubuntu India LoCo IRC session.

Hi guys about the "Weekly get together".All the guys are invited to attend ,volunteer and give suggestions.
    I asked a few LoCo guys in #ubuntu-offtopic channel about their experiences in organizing such meeting and I got some valuable suggestions.

So here is the plan:
    The meeting will start on 9 'o' clock(2100 hrs IST) Sunday till 11 'o' clock PM (2300 hrs IST) Sunday 1st Feb

It will consist of following

1. First 15 minutes on Linux and how its developed and distributed.

2. Nest 30 minutes on Ubuntu , Mark Shuttleworth, Launchpad(LP).

3. Next 1h15min on the problem Indian ubuntu users face.The problems that will be addressed in this session will be:

a. Lack of fast Internet Connection so need to provide some way to upgrade ubuntu in offline mode.

b. How to create LP accounts and report bugs.

c. Women Indian Ubuntu developers.( THIS WAS POINTED OUT BY "Myriatti" IN #ubuntu-offtopic CHANNEL)

d. Motivating developers to form a team to create Ubuntu-India distro so that the propreitary packages which are not in the original ubuntu distro but is legal in India to be freely distributed can be included ( thats a step towards solving the problem the guy faced when installing ubuntu in a remote village of Karnataka ).

e. Topics to be taken in the next meeting.
    The meeting needs enthusiastic volunteers who want to give presentation in any of the above topics.

Please give your suggestions.

Volunteers please mail me your name or post in the forum with topics you are interested in giving presentation ( please try to give more than one topic and also if you have any experience in that area ) , I know some of the topics are going to be more favourite and in any case of collision over a topic the presenters will be assigned on "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS".
    IRC clients : XCHAT(sudo apt-get install xchat)
    meebo(www.meebo.com) etc etc .
    Please get accustomed to using IRC if you are not.Presentation in IRC is not a presentaion on ppt rather present as if you are chatting.How to give presentation in IRC see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/devweek0901/Package .Volunteers and gurus please meet on Saturday 9 PM IST for test run and planning the meeting.
    Looking forward for:
    1. suggestions
    2. enthusiastic and knowledgeable presenters.

The session will not entertain any problems regarding:
    1. ubuntu apps problem like : "my wi-fi is not working","how to install wine" etc etc for this type of stuffs you have #ubuntu .
    2. no offensive and personal comments.
    3. no flooding.
    4. no questioning during the presentation of the first 2 points which include Linux , Ubuntu, Mark Shuttleworth, Canonical and LP after this you can post as many questions as you like.
    5. Follow the above 4 rules strictly to maintain the decorum of the channel.

I REQUEST THE CHANNEL ADMIN TO BE PRESENT THERE SO THAT HE/SHE CAN BAN THE USERS VIOLATING THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND ADMINS PLEASE POST THIS ON UBUNTU INDIA WEBSITE.
    Last edited by shankhs; January 30th, 2009 at 05:47 PM.