Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATI/AMD Catalyst 9.1

Beans

Re: ATI/AMD Catalyst 9.1

Didn't work for me, I installed it and after restart last thing I saw was a few lines of text with Checking battery state as the last one, then screen went black and that was it.
    At least I have two graphic cards in my laptop, so hopefully I will able to unistall it because the other one works. But still gl output at videos is broken. Just great.

edit: thanks, aticonfig --initial -f helped.
    this card (mobility radeon hd2600) has same gl problem as x1250.. wonder if it is driver problem or anything else's
    and can't set any compiz effects, but this doesn't bother me, don't see point of using it
    Last edited by centos; January 30th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Beans

Turned out that Totem (and other gstreamer based apps like Gnome Subtitles) flickers. I tried to reinstall gstreamer plugins and change output, no change. Just me? :/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

One major problem is that the videos don't align within the windows of players correctly. There is always a black bar at the top. Viewing the video full screen will centre it like it should, which is good.

Still some other minor, but irritating, glitches.

-moose
    Last edited by mozychan; January 31st, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
    Formerly rmmoose

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by mozychan View Post
    One major problem is that the videos don't align within the windows of players correctly. There is always a black bar at the top. Viewing the video full screen will centre it like it should, which is good.

Still some other minor, but irritating, glitches.

-moose
    Ok I figured it out. When I installed 9.1 I changed the video output drivers back to the default xv so that I could verify that they were no longer choppy. They are no longer choppy, but the video is not aligning properly in the windows and hides the player controls sometimes. Now if I go back to the x11 driver I had set before, there is no longer any problem.

-moose
    Last edited by mozychan; January 31st, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
    Formerly rmmoose

Beans

lol, duplicated thread. but this one has the action, better title too

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1054581

Mplayer seems to be best. At random times watching in Totem my x crashes and restarts. and some decorating issues...

but all in all working.

however still no luck with Jaunty and new xserver support. but progress is being made

using a (HD 3300/HD 4870)
    Last edited by theApokalypsis; January 31st, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Beans

So yesterday everything but gstreamer went fine, today I turned it on and after boot screen it didn't se anything, just heard cpu fan because of high cpu usage. I had to reboot and change graphic card, with that other it showed command line at least, so I copied xorg.conf backup to make it work.
    I'm just curious if I'm stupid, my laptop is or ATI is. Definitely one of the three, maybe all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cement_head View Post
    Still no luck, I followed manual install http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide last night 3 times, no errors but after restart low graphic mode and fglrxinfo saying mesa drivers, so I switched to older version 8.543, anyone similar expirience?
    I have ati radeon mobility x1600 on ubuntu 8.10 with compiz fusion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by kgotth View Post
    Still no luck, I followed manual install http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide last night 3 times, no errors but after restart low graphic mode and fglrxinfo saying mesa drivers, so I switched to older version 8.543, anyone similar expirience?
    I have ati radeon mobility x1600 on ubuntu 8.10 with compiz fusion
    Hi,

I've had this problem - you have to uninstall the mesa drivers...

Code:
    Removing Mesa drivers

If fglrxinfo reports that Indirect rendering by Mesa is in place, even though you have installed ATI driver, check:

* Remove the package xserver-xgl. 

sudo apt-get remove xserver-xgl

Explanation: If you installed this previously in order to make compiz work, it will not allow direct rendering on your display. You can check out if this is what it causing the problem by running 

DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo | grep render

If it returns an ATI renderer, it means that xgl is being displayed indirectly on the display 1. (Taken from [1]) 

Warning: This might make your compiz stop working as it is configured to use XGL. A solution might be to run the Envy script in order to configure compiz. Or, if Compiz stopped working due to "Composite" problem, check that the following is set in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf 

Section "Extensions"
    	Option		"Composite"	"Enable"
    EndSection
    then reboot, you should now have ati fglrx rendering

- CH
    Linux Registered User #434330

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    So yesterday everything but gstreamer went fine, today I turned it on and after boot screen it didn't se anything, just heard cpu fan because of high cpu usage. I had to reboot and change graphic card, with that other it showed command line at least, so I copied xorg.conf backup to make it work.
    I'm just curious if I'm stupid, my laptop is or ATI is. Definitely one of the three, maybe all.
    Check out this post i made about reconfiguring. it may help

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...54&postcount=9

Beans

Thanks guys, now new ATI driver is in place!!!strange thing... after reboot it starts out of range resolution (1200x1600) and should be 1400x900 (set in Catalyst CC). relevant sections of xorg:
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    Driver "fglrx"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
    Device "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    Monitor "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

does it matter that in System/Administration/Hardware Drivers ATI/AMD fglrx graphic driver is NOT active? I'm afraid to change anything, don't want to loose the driver!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast