Thread: Mplayer fullscreen problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Mplayer fullscreen problem

So apparently, when I play a video in fullscreen, the menu just sort of flickers when I try to bring it up by right-clicking, and then disappears. Now while the video was running, I could get it to exit the full screen mode by clicking and pressing keys randomly but when it was over, nothing. Just frozen stuck.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD Turion64x2 1.6GHz, 1.5GB DDR2, Ati Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory, 80GB HDD

Beans

Re: Mplayer fullscreen problem

Do you mean mplayer as in mplayer or mplayer as in totem movie player (the one installed by default

For 'mplayer', when started from the applications menu (gmplayer), Esc will exit fullscreen, Q will quit the player altogether

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Mplayer fullscreen problem

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Do you mean mplayer as in mplayer or mplayer as in totem movie player (the one installed by default

For 'mplayer', when started from the applications menu (gmplayer), Esc will exit fullscreen, Q will quit the player altogether
    I meant the Mplayer, not Totem. Yup, that does the trick, thanks.

It must have froze up that time, I doubt I hadn't thought of pressing the Esc key. But the menu is still not functioning right when in fullscreen mode, does anyone else here have the same problem?
    Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD Turion64x2 1.6GHz, 1.5GB DDR2, Ati Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory, 80GB HDD