Thread: emusic download manager on ubuntu

Beans

emusic download manager on ubuntu

Once you download the emusic download manager for linux from emusic.com and use your archive manager to untar it, you will see a file builds and in it a fil emusicdlm and in it an aplication, emusicdlm. All you have to do is click on emusicdlm and it will work. You can move the folder emusicdlm wherever you want it, but you must manually create a menu entry. You must run emusicdlm BEFORE you attempt to download from emusic.com (open and emx file through Firefox by browsing for emusicdlm--for some reason Firefox will not start the program). Then everything will work just fine.

emusicj, is a java-based emusic download manager that can be found here: http://www.kallisti.net.nz/EMusicJ/Download
    It installs the same way, just untar the file and it works. But Firefox can open it directly if you direct it to emusicj when it asks you what application you want to use to open the emx files from emusic.
    Last edited by saranam; February 1st, 2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: New information about emusij java-based download manager

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: emusic download manager on ubuntu

I know it's been a while since you posted this here, but I've got a question that maybe you can answer. I've used both download managers in the past, but right now I've got a semi-fresh Ubuntu 12.04LTS installation on a semi-new PC and I'm just barely getting around to installing the emusic Download Manager. I've gone ahead and downloaded both and extracted both to my desktop. I will do what I usually do which is to move the one that I decide to go with to my /opt directory, but if you can give me your opinion that would be great.
    Which one do you recommend?

All I know is that I know nothing....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: emusic download manager on ubuntu

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.