Thread: Couple questions for some pros!!

Beans

Couple questions for some pros!!

alright guys i have tried to use the search and have found nothing. Please someone help me.

i will start with the senario I have a pc with a dualboot setup vista/ubuntu 8.10. I have the HDD split up into 3 parts vista(ntfs)/linux(ext3)/50gb partition to transfer stuff betweeen(fat32).

now for the questions.

1) is there anyway that i can move the default location of where the linux desktop is saved to the 50gb partition so that i can also change the vista desktop to the same location.

2) same thing with firefox and thunderbird

Beans

Re: Couple questions for some pros!!

Help!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Darksmac View Post
    Help!!
    Ok, first of all, don't forget that we are all volunteers, and that this is a forum, so please wait more than half an hour before bumping up your post.

Ok, so, to your problem. What do you mean by saving the linux desktop? Are you reinstalling and need to choose where to install to? Also, as to having a shared partition for the 2 operating systems, NTFS support in Ubuntu is nearly flawless, so you might want to consider deleting your shared partition and simply using your vista partition as your storage place.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Beans

I am trying to relocate the files on my liinnux desktop so that i can save something on my lliinux side then boot into my windowx side and retrive it

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ok, I think you will have to do it separately for each program. For firefox, just open the options box, then under the downloads section you can choose where files are saved too.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi