Thread: Firefox issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Firefox issue

Edit- I feel stupid, once I ran it in sudo again and shut down correctly, all is well.

I'm running ubuntu 8.1 x64, but I had this problem in 7.1 x32 also. In 7.1 I just upgraded to 8.1, so never got around to fixing it.

A few minutes ago I was playing around, and used sudo to start up firefox. Wasn't able to do what I set out to do, but that's a different issue. When I was done I navigated to the terminal window and used ctrl + c to close firefox. On my next start of firefox it opened to a blank page instead of my homepage and my bookmark bar(which I keep to the right of tools, help, etc.) will not show up. I tried restarting firefox and ubuntu without change. Not a life-threatening issue, but its frustrating to me for my homepage (google) and my bookmarks to not show up.

Bryan
    Last edited by wolf3491; January 28th, 2009 at 02:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Firefox issue

May I ask why do you use sudo to open Firefox? Basically, you've asked for troubles and got them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Firefox issue

Been trying to get java applets to work correctly, had some time so I decided to play around with it. Java starts up, and a grey box appears, but I can't see the applet.