Hmmm...

Beans

Re: Vertical screen wrap

lingenfr@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install displayconfig-gtk
    [sudo] password for lingenfr:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package displayconfig-gtk is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package displayconfig-gtk has no installation candidate

I am still looking, but obviously there is no package by that name in the default repositories.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lingenfr View Post
    lingenfr@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install displayconfig-gtk
    [sudo] password for lingenfr:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package displayconfig-gtk is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package displayconfig-gtk has no installation candidate

I am still looking, but obviously there is no package by that name in the default repositories.
    Seems intrepid no longer uses any xorg configuration method (IMO stupid):

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...question/50468

To check you are using the correct drivers:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
    Hope that helps.

P.s Have you tried changing the screen resolution in System, Preferences, Screen Resolution?
    Hmmm...

Beans

Thanks. As referenced in that link, I am also using the intel driver. I checked and I have the latest version. If you read the links referenced in the link you provided, for me it seems like xrandr may be my only hope. I found that it is provided by x11-xserver-utils which for me was already the newest version. I am going to play with that command and see what I can do.

And yes, of course, using the screen resolution tool was the first thing I tried. It offers no choices other than the current ones.

Also, I thought that I would take a screenshot so folks could see what I was talking about. Unfortunately, in the screenshot, it appears correctly. I took a picture with my camera which is not great, but I think you can get the idea. If you look at the bottom taskbar, you will see that about 30% of it is cut off. If you look at the top taskbar you will see that there is additional taskbar above the normal taskbar. It has some horizontal lines, etc. Check above the red button on the top right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lingenfr; February 1st, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Beans

I am having the very same problem on my Libretto running Kubuntu 8.10. Everything was perfect, then on Sunday I did all the updates sense the 22nd through the 1st and now I have the same wrap problem.

Beans

Yes, I expect we need to open a bug report for the intel driver. I will try and do that tomorrow. If you get there before me, please post a link so I don't post a duplicate.

Beans

I am pretty new to Kubuntu and Linux in general, and it looks like you have more background information on the problem, so I will defer to you for the ticket submission.

BTW. When I ran the re-configure on xserver.org it did ask if I wanted to use the framebuffer or not, both a yes and no resulted in the same results after a reboot for each.

Beans

Yes, same results for me, I should have stated that in my previous message. After going through all of the links previously alluded to, last night I deleted the monitors file under my home directory and reboot, no joy. I will post a link to the bug once I have opened the ticket.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Me also having this problem on libretto U100 . tried everything in this thread plus adding modlines to xorg.conf and deleting/editing monitors.xml in ~/.config/

Maybe it's possible to use older intel driver for the time being?

Beans

I am thinking the same thing. I am going to research how to roll back to the previous version of the driver. I think that I am going to mount my install CD as a repository and see if I can load that driver as it did not have this problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast