Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spotify invites

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Spotify invites

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the music streaming service, Spotify - http://www.spotify.com, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotify

The service is a nice, fully legal way to listen to a huge selection of music, both mainstream and obscure. In the UK the service costs 99p for a 24-hour pass or £9.99 for a monthly subscription (I'm not sure of the overseas prices). There is also a free ad-supported version, but at the moment only those with invites can use the free service.

Unfortunately they don't yet have a Linux client, but the service is still in Beta so who knows what'll happen in the future. For now, the client runs pretty well in Wine.

The reason for posting this thread, is that I have a few invites going spare if anyone is interested. Send me a PM, and I'll reply with the code on a first come - first served basis.

Please note, that the free service is only available in the following countries, so if you are based elsewhere please don't ask me for an invite:
    • Finland
    • France
    • Norway
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • UK
    Last edited by ajcham; January 27th, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

Beans

Re: Spotify invites

Are you a premium member? Because I'm using the free membership and I haven't received any invites so far

But then again, I live in Finland, and my brother, who is registered in the UK (proxies...shhh) gets invites all the time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by RaZe42 View Post
    Are you a premium member? Because I'm using the free membership and I haven't received any invites so far

But then again, I live in Finland, and my brother, who is registered in the UK (proxies...shhh) gets invites all the time.
    Nope, I'm a free member too. I've had invites to give out since the day I registered.

Being a Swedish company, I can't see why they would give UK users better perks than the Finnish - very peculiar.

I still have plenty of invites available for those who want to PM me.

Beans

Maybe they already have a big enough userbase in Finland, but still want to expand in the UK, as it's a more important market.

And, as a side note: Spotify just deleted all songs by my favorite band, Alexisonfire, except one single

And according to old blog posts they HAD something like 2.012.000 songs, but now they only have 1875710 songs. That's a decrease of almost 150.000 songs!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Some guy was telling me how brilliant it was yesterday actually. I use LastFM - how does it compare to that?

Beans

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives...sic-catalogue/

It seems like spotify just got a lot worse

Beans

Bypass the requirement for an invitation:

https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

Have fun, and remember to select one of the permitted countries.

Beans

Doesn't work for me.(In Finland)

Maybe you are in a permitted country.

Of course you can always sign up trough a proxy and later on change your country

Beans

Wink Re: Spotify invites

does anyone have any invites they would like to share with me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

does anyone have any invites. I want in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast