Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoneminder Security Webcam (updated walkthrough)

Hybrid View

Beans

Zoneminder Security Webcam (updated walkthrough)

ZoneMinder is a free, open source CCTV software application developed for Linux.

Ubuntu version scope: (Hardy or later)
    Hardware requirement: Compatible webcam. (a4tech and logitech) recommended.

Installation

1.) install zoneminder via ubuntu repo

Code:
    sudo apt-get install zoneminder
    1a.) during installation MYSQL prompts for password.

3.) after the initial installation link this two files.

Code:
    sudo ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf
    3a. reload Apache
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
    4.) next type sudo zmfix -a or zmfix -a will do (fixing problem sa video device)

4a.) then type also: sudo chown www-data.www-data /usr/share/zoneminder/temp (for export)

5. access its web interface by going to

http://localhost , if it says "IT WORKS" then add /zm at the end of the url. the default user and passwordis "admin"

---------------
    credit goes to (boyet)
    Last edited by loell; February 9th, 2009 at 07:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Zoneminder Security Webcam (updated walkthrough)

Screens?
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans

Check http://www.zoneminder.com/screenshots.html

This is pretty neat. I remember doing stuff like this a few years ago and we use video cards that are capable of connecting 4 or 5 cameras via coax cables. USB cameras will most likely work but this would be very very useful it can actually utilize existing cards available in the market. It seems to have some control features for cameras with motorized directional functionality.
    Jerome G.
    Twitter: JeromeGotangco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

sa debian experimental/sid multimedia center pag nag install ng zoneminder.. sarap gamitin kung may cable ka at home at i shishare mo xa via net :d

Beans

I installed ZoneMinder with the Synaptic Package Manager but now can't find it on my PC. I'm using an Avermedia video card (for up to 8 cams). The card is installed, but I haven't plugged the cameras in yet (setting up the PC at home, the cameras are at my workplace). Could that be the problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hogtrough View Post
    I installed ZoneMinder with the Synaptic Package Manager but now can't find it on my PC. I'm using an Avermedia video card (for up to 8 cams). The card is installed, but I haven't plugged the cameras in yet (setting up the PC at home, the cameras are at my workplace). Could that be the problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    avermedia seemed to be working on current kernels. although i don't get it, the cameras are at your workplace?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    avermedia seemed to be working on current kernels. although i don't get it, the cameras are at your workplace?
    Actually, that was the short version. I'm working on it for a friend who owns a store. Her PC bit the dust (Emachine with Windows XP). The company that installed the cameras and software has been out of business for a few years. I found her a compatible used PC and installed the Avermedia capture cards but the software CD didn't have the serial number with it. I put a different hard drive in and installed Ubuntu and have been trying to get Zoneminder loaded and working here at my house before taking it to her store and hooking up the cameras. She doesn't have internet service at her store so I wanted to get everything loaded first. I've downloaded Zoneminder and Apache and MySQL, but don't know how to get them working. I can't even find ZoneMinder. Too many years of Windows where I didn't have to know anything to get programs to work, Windows is my crutch. I hate using it but sometimes I still have to to get around. Thanks for responding so fast.
    Jeff

Beans

zoneminder interface is web based, so you can just launch firefox then go to

http://localhost , just post back what you see in there.

Beans

It says, "It Works"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

question lang,

bakit yung creative vista cam ko may display when i use it from cheese, kopete, skype, or any qt base apps, pero sa zoneminder nag eeeeerror na?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast