Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 151

Thread: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    289
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suite!

    This is a program I've been working on. It bundles all the aircrack-ng programs into an highly functional GUI. This IS an alpha release and I expect several bugs, thats why I need help testing.

    Google code page: http://code.google.com/p/pycracker/

    For those who don't know what aircrack-ng is, can read about that on http://www.aircrack-ng.org or in wiemans how-to, here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=528276 - in short they are applications used to sniff packages with a wireless network card and crack wireless access points. Remember that cracking other peoples networks are highly illegal and this should be used to test your own networks security only.

    Okay so this is what you need:

    - Python runtime
    - wxPython (wxwidgets 2.8)
    - aircrack-ng suit (http://www.aircrack-ng.org)
    - Patched networking drivers (read about this on http://www.aircrack-ng.org)
    - root access
    - some available space for .cap files
    - My program, see attachment.

    To start the program enter a terminal and navigate to the folder where you unzip the application, then simply

    Code:
    "sudo python pyCracker.py"
    Which then should launch the application. Please refer to the read-me under Docs folder if there are any questions at this point, or post here.

    Now simply go to "Networks" and select a network, then click crack. The aircrack-ng program will launch according to the IV count you define under "Setup" tab. Please use wiemans how-to to learn how the aircrack programs work, if I explain everything here the post will be extremely long.

    If there are any errors/bugs (I expect there to be plenty) please post the following:

    - Screenshot if possible (A picture can say a thousand words)
    - /Logs/Debug.txt (This is logged by default, please don't turn off)
    - Anything that is printed to the terminal of which the program was run.
    - Otherwise just a comment on what was going on and what the results where when the error inflicted.

    I would like to thank tturrisi, unutbu, minimammut for helping out so far and wieman for the great tutorial. Happy cracking all!

    By the way, if any python experts look at my code, please give me pointers, I started learning python like 3 months ago :)

    Edit: Smilies owned me.
    Edit2: I'll add screenshots tomorrow, they are also available at wiemans tutorial if anyone want to see them.
    Edit3: Added screenshots.


    Changes:

    13.3.2009
    - 0.0.7.1-alpha was uploaded to http://code.google.com/p/pycracker/downloads/list
    - Removed the attached version as its outdated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sprut1; March 13th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Beans
    1,509
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    FYI, aircrack-ng-1.0-rc2 was released a few days ago.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    289
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    Quote Originally Posted by tturrisi View Post
    FYI, aircrack-ng-1.0-rc2 was released a few days ago.
    Thanks for the information, I will look into the changes.
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Beans
    298
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    This looks interesting! Going to try this in the weekend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    289
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    Quote Originally Posted by bvanaerde View Post
    This looks interesting! Going to try this in the weekend.
    Remember to check out wiemans thread and how to patch drivers on aircrack.org. Note that not all hardwares are supported.



    Added screenshots.
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Beans
    298
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprut1 View Post
    ...how to patch drivers on aircrack.org. Note that not all hardwares are supported.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. I've got an IPW2200, so it should work after patching the drivers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Beans
    1,509
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    1. I cannot put my adapter into monitor mode using the Monitor button. Creating a managed device fails as well.

    2. If I have my adapter in managed mode and launch the program, I can select a network to crack and my adapter automitacally goes into monitor mode. This is good. But the program fails.

    Output in terminal"
    Code:
    # python pyCracker.py
    lo        no wireless extensions.
    
    eth1      no wireless extensions.
    
    wifi0     no wireless extensions.
    
    lo        no wireless extensions.
    
    eth1      no wireless extensions.
    
    wifi0     no wireless extensions.
    
    # WHITESPACE HERE REMOVED TO POST IN THIS THREAD
    
     CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 3 mins ][ 2009-01-26 13:50                                  
                                                                                   
     BSSID              PWR RXQ  Beacons    #Data, #/s  CH  MB   ENC  CIPHER AUTH E
                                                                                   
     00:0F:B5:9F:DD:04   56 100     1895        0    0  11  54   WEP  WEP         8
                                                                                   
     BSSID              STATION            PWR   Rate   Lost  Packets  Probe
    Debug.txt
    Code:
    [ New session ] 
    18:45:41 | 1 | /Init | Loading completed in 0.43s 
    18:45:41 | 2 | /Init | System: posix 
    18:46:33 | 3 | /network-list | Retrieving networks... 
    18:46:33 | 4 | /network-list | NOTIFY: A new network was found! 
    18:46:45 | 5 | /cracker | New cracker initialized on w-interface wifi0 AP: 00:0F:B5:9F:DD:04 
    18:46:47 | 6 | /monitor | Found 3 processes that could cause trouble. 
    18:46:47 | 7 | /monitor | If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after 
    18:46:47 | 8 | /monitor | a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them! 
    18:46:47 | 9 | /monitor | PID	Name 
    18:46:47 | 10 | /monitor | 2630	dhclient3 
    18:46:47 | 11 | /monitor | 3171	dhclient3 
    18:46:47 | 12 | /monitor | 5595	dhclient3 
    18:46:47 | 13 | /monitor | Interface	Chipset		Driver 
    18:46:47 | 14 | /monitor | wifi0		Atheros		madwifi-ng 
    18:46:47 | 15 | /monitor | ath0		Atheros		madwifi-ng VAP (parent: wifi0) (monitor mode enabled) 
    18:46:52 | 16 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:46:57 | 17 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:02 | 18 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:07 | 19 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:12 | 20 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:17 | 21 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting...
    3. The Stop button does not work for me. To stop, I must select another network to crack and I get alerted that a crack is in progress...stop it...yes or no.
    Last edited by tturrisi; January 26th, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    perdita
    Beans
    1,625
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    Cool!

    I'm currently trying to get aircrack working again on my PC, but am having problems with the drivers (at least I think it's the drivers).
    I managed to do it once, and now that I want to demonstrate it again it doesn't work anymore.

    Will you implement an easy driver installation system as well? or at least injection testing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    289
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    Quote Originally Posted by tturrisi View Post
    1. I cannot put my adapter into monitor mode using the Monitor button. Creating a managed device fails as well.
    This is not yet available (I forgot to remove the menu, sorry about that). The reason for that being is that you can't yet start a cracker manually, without selecting one from the list. If you put an interface in monitor mode this list won't show as you cannot scan networks.

    Quote Originally Posted by tturrisi View Post
    2. If I have my adapter in managed mode and launch the program, I can select a network to crack and my adapter automitacally goes into monitor mode. This is good. But the program fails.

    Output in terminal"
    Code:
    # python pyCracker.py
    lo        no wireless extensions.
    
    eth1      no wireless extensions.
    
    wifi0     no wireless extensions.
    
    lo        no wireless extensions.
    
    eth1      no wireless extensions.
    
    wifi0     no wireless extensions.
    
    # WHITESPACE HERE REMOVED TO POST IN THIS THREAD
    
     CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 3 mins ][ 2009-01-26 13:50                                  
                                                                                   
     BSSID              PWR RXQ  Beacons    #Data, #/s  CH  MB   ENC  CIPHER AUTH E
                                                                                   
     00:0F:B5:9F:DD:04   56 100     1895        0    0  11  54   WEP  WEP         8
                                                                                   
     BSSID              STATION            PWR   Rate   Lost  Packets  Probe
    Debug.txt
    Code:
    [ New session ] 
    18:45:41 | 1 | /Init | Loading completed in 0.43s 
    18:45:41 | 2 | /Init | System: posix 
    18:46:33 | 3 | /network-list | Retrieving networks... 
    18:46:33 | 4 | /network-list | NOTIFY: A new network was found! 
    18:46:45 | 5 | /cracker | New cracker initialized on w-interface wifi0 AP: 00:0F:B5:9F:DD:04 
    18:46:47 | 6 | /monitor | Found 3 processes that could cause trouble. 
    18:46:47 | 7 | /monitor | If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after 
    18:46:47 | 8 | /monitor | a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them! 
    18:46:47 | 9 | /monitor | PID	Name 
    18:46:47 | 10 | /monitor | 2630	dhclient3 
    18:46:47 | 11 | /monitor | 3171	dhclient3 
    18:46:47 | 12 | /monitor | 5595	dhclient3 
    18:46:47 | 13 | /monitor | Interface	Chipset		Driver 
    18:46:47 | 14 | /monitor | wifi0		Atheros		madwifi-ng 
    18:46:47 | 15 | /monitor | ath0		Atheros		madwifi-ng VAP (parent: wifi0) (monitor mode enabled) 
    18:46:52 | 16 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:46:57 | 17 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:02 | 18 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:07 | 19 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:12 | 20 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting... 
    18:47:17 | 21 | /dump | There are no active stations, waiting...
    Selecting a network from the list and start cracker from there is the preferred way at this time being, I can see that it worked great and there are actually so far no problems with my application. Simply you got a list of programs that already are using the interface and can (did) cause problems. Before using my application please stop network manager and look into the processes that were listed to you; "dhclient3". If this doesn't work please post back.

    Quote Originally Posted by tturrisi View Post
    3. The Stop button does not work for me. To stop, I must select another network to crack and I get alerted that a crack is in progress...stop it...yes or no.
    This was caused by a bug in code and should be fixed with next release. Quitting the application should also stop cracking, you can check system manager to clarify this.
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    /home
    Beans
    289
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: pyCracker - A GUI for aircrack-ng suit!

    Quote Originally Posted by KIAaze View Post
    Cool!

    I'm currently trying to get aircrack working again on my PC, but am having problems with the drivers (at least I think it's the drivers).
    I managed to do it once, and now that I want to demonstrate it again it doesn't work anymore.

    Will you implement an easy driver installation system as well? or at least injection testing?
    I don't think driver installation will every be a part of the program. Injection testing on the other hand will be implemented in near future.
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •