Thread: Buying New Graphic Card, Which are Compatible with The Recent Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Question Buying New Graphic Card, Which are Compatible with The Recent Ubuntu

Hi I'm looking to buy a new graphic card, I have looked at the GeForce 9800GT & 9600GT. I have had insane troubles before getting my graphic cards to behave under Ubuntu so can anyone confirm if they have had luck getting any of them to work?

Beans

Re: Buying New Graphic Card, Which are Compatible with The Recent Ubuntu

I run into issues with graphics cards under Linux all the time. Sorry that nobody has responded to your post, I would check the "Hardware Compatibly List" sticky post at the top of this forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

FWIW, I have had 100% satisfaction with nVidia and trouble with ATI radeon series in general, and especially 9200, and 9550.
    Linux user 394816 / Ubuntu user 16154 Lenovo 3000 N100 Laptop :T2400(1.83GHz), 2GB RAM, 100GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1280x800 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, Bluetooth/Modem, 10/100 Realtek Ethernet, Fingerprint reader

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi,
    I went off and bought the nVidia 9800GT card but it was maybe the wrong decision. Not because of Linux support but because of hardware problems. I thought my old card hard died so decided to replace it with this new one, but it seems as it wasn't the problem and now I might have ruined the new card as well.

I posted the problem here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...48#post6615348