Thread: NETGEAR WPN111 loses connection

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question NETGEAR WPN111 loses connection

Alright, so a while back I was using Ubuntu every day for normal computer use. It was a load of trouble even getting my WPN111 to connect to my local network. Once it is connected, it runs at amazing speeds compared to Windows (Windows ~= 180kb/s, Ubuntu ~= 500kb/s).

The problem is, however, that it never stays connected for a good amount of time. This is why I stopped using Ubuntu for a long time. It just stops working, but the system tray icon shows 4 bars connected. When I right-click and choose Properties, it tells me that wlan0 is "idle". Doesn't say Receiving or anything. Then when I try to open ndisgtk or run any ndiswrapper commands, the command line freezes. So most likely the problem is in ndiswrapper.

It doesn't seem to be happening at set intervals, or when I'm downloading a bunch of data. On Windows (dual-boot), the device works fine. I can stay connected for days at a time. I leave the computer alone for a while, and when I come back it's disconnected.

What could make it freeze? I'm not too good with debugging, any help?

Thanks,
    Jared
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: NETGEAR WPN111 loses connection

ehhm.. bump.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

bump?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

....bump