Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gtkpod .99.2

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Gtkpod .99.2

Quote Originally Posted by quietglow
    Would you mind if I posted (or if you'd like to post!) the compiled GTKpod over at my iPod and OSS site (link in my sig)?

It really is a HUGE pain to compile and the last time I did it, I didn't have time to go through the process of learning to build a .deb.

Thanks for your work!
    You are more than welcome to post it at your site. Just make sure to warn that this is fairly untested. It worked for me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for others. I hope that this deb will solve problems but I cannot guarantee anything. However, if problems do arise, please let me know and I will do my best to recompile the deb if you find that there are missing dependencies.

Beans
    Distro

Gtkpod 0.99.3

Quote Originally Posted by patsissons
    The deb file that I created can be accessed here.
    NOTE: I used the libgpod deb that is mentioned above, but if it is not available I also have a copy of the libgpod deb on my server as well.
    I just recompiled a new deb file with video support from the cvs (0.99.3). This brand spakin new deb can be found here. As with before, please notify me if you have any problems with this deb so that I can at least try and fix it. Also note that the universe repo is required (for libgpod). Finally, this deb was created without mpeg4ip, all that was used to make this deb was the standard deps and libmp4v2-dev. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by souled
    When trying to run gtkpod, I get this error:
    Code:
    gtkpod: error while loading shared libraries: libgpod.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I installed libgpod-0.3, and libgpod.so.0 is located at /usr/local/lib. How can I tell gtkpod that the libgpod.so.0 is located at that spot?
    move the files from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib/
    Visit www.skatox.co.ve my personal website

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Skatox
    move the files from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib/
    I would advise against that. You don't want to mess up any programs that depend on the library being in /usr/local/lib . Your best bet for the simple solution is to create a symbolic link in /usr/lib , that way you don't break anything in the process.
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libgpod.so.0 /usr/lib/libgpod.so.0
    However, realistically, you should reinstall libgpod and gtkpod to ensure a proper installation. The deb files I have created (below) should be able to replace your current installation and they "should" work (no guarantees). I recommend giving that a try, and please let me know if that doesn't work, I will try my best to fix the debs so that they will work.

libgpod_0.3.0-1_i386.deb
    gtkpod_0.99.3-0cvs_i386.deb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi all

Good news and bad new with the gtkpod stuff. The approach I took was to add the http://spello.sscnet.ucla.edu/marillat sarge main repository and first load libmp4-0 and libmp4-dev through synaptic (which forced me to remove some faac and libmp4v2 files) and then to load gtkpod-aac. gtkpod-aac works fine and finally allows me to use my ipod video...but without faac, I can't rip any more files to aac format (I do this through grip). If I try to reinstall faac through synaptic, I can't without removing gtkpod-aac and the associated files. Any suggestions? Not particularly tied to faac, but I don't know of anything else that rips to aac that I can get grip to use...

Cheers

P.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I think that GTK-pod is an very unsimple program and i dont understan it at all.

how do you do to get it to work correctly. dont misstake me for someone who doesn´t know anything

I have the latest releasee of gtkpod 99.2 anyway
    but i cannot figure out a simple way to use it to transfer songs on it on my computer

its almost as i want to install macos on my intel laptop. i think thats much much simpler than to understand gtk-pod :/

Beans
    Distro

- connect your ipod to you computer
    - mount the ipod mount point (the large partition)
    - set gtkpod to use whatever your mount point is (in the prefs)
    - hit the read button
    - add mp3's (or videos if you have the right version) with the +files button
    - hit sync to apply uncommited changes (transfer the files to your ipod)

hopefully that helps.

Beans

Just found this thread -- did nobody notize that mp4 is not required to transfer videos? So unless you also have m4a to transfer, simply compile without mp4.

JCS.

Beans

Talking Re: Gtkpod .99.2

You guys rock. When I woke up this morning, I had some new songs I could upload to my iPod because I had encoded them with the Apple AAC encoder (mp4). But with the deb posted by patsissons, I am up and running with very little pain. (My only pain was self-inflicted because I didn't skip to the end of the thread, but starting installing them in chronological order as I read the thread. But instaling 4 or 5 debs is still much, much less pain than installing from source.)

Thanks again,

Ryan

Beans

I actually do have a problem. Using the debs from post #34, I can load *.m4a files onto my iPod, but they don't actually play. They pop up on the screen for a second with the right id3 type info and play time, but they immediately go to the next track without playing any sound. I created the tracks using the iTunes AAC encoder.

Any thoughts?

Ryan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast