Thread: comand line podcast aggregator?

Beans

comand line podcast aggregator?

I have a 8.10 box downstairs that is being used to download, store, serve, and play various types of media. I would like to use ssh (or a web based GUI) to control and configure some kind of podcast aggregator. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Last edited by djinn1973; January 24th, 2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: I can't spell and my puntuation sucks...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: comand line podcast aggregator?

Moved to Multimedia & Video
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans

Re: comand line podcast aggregator?

Solved...

BashPodder
    BashPodder is listed in many places as a "Linux" podcatching client, and in fact, that is what I wrote it for initially, however, it should be noted that I have dozens of emails telling me how well it works on everything else, including but not limited to MaxOSX, Solaris, AIX, Net Open and FreeBSD, even windows and many other OS's I have forgotten I am sure.
    CLI Magic: Bring in podcasts with BashPodder
    BashPodder is very much a DIY project; there's no man page or documentation of any kind. There's isn't even a formal tar.gz source file. It requires that you have the bash shell, sed, and wget, which are all universal on Linux, plus xsltproc , a tool that applies XSLT stylesheets to XML documents from the command line.

Scot's Newsletter Blog

. . . . and do a "touch /home/bruno/BashPodder/podcast.log" to avoid the error message saying that it can not find the log file
    CronHowto
    The following directions tell you how to set up scheduled tasks the traditional way using the command line, but it is much easier to use the Gnome Scheduled tasks tool in System --> Preferences