Thread: Linux Lite on Acer Netbook

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Linux Lite on Acer Netbook

Does anyone know about this distro? I can get an acer netbook with Linux Lite at my University for $229. I'm interested in it because I could use any extra portable laptop and the price is right. I know it's Fedora based but when I got to fool around with one a friend of mine had it didn't look or feel like a Linux Distro. The desktop is very light almost like it was running ice or something. There doesn't seem to be a normal way to look into your files and the user accounts don't seem to come at all. There is no root password by default and when you boot it up (its really fast booting up) it goes straight to desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Linux Lite on Acer Netbook

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtime_Scrub View Post
    Does anyone know about this distro? I can get an acer netbook with Linux Lite at my University for $229. I'm interested in it because I could use any extra portable laptop and the price is right. I know it's Fedora based but when I got to fool around with one a friend of mine had it didn't look or feel like a Linux Distro. The desktop is very light almost like it was running ice or something. There doesn't seem to be a normal way to look into your files and the user accounts don't seem to come at all. There is no root password by default and when you boot it up (its really fast booting up) it goes straight to desktop.
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/index.php