Thread: Ekiga instant messaging connects, but audio doesn't

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ekiga instant messaging connects, but audio doesn't

I have installed ekiga. The router scan says I have a symmetric router and it needs to be a cone router. To cure this, the ekiga site suggests port forwarding with ports 5000-5100. My router page says there is a conflict of some kind, when I try to forward these ports, but does not say what the conflict is. I tried port triggering on ports 3478-3478, that seemed to work, but the former conflict remains. I can instant message people via ekiga, but audio doesn't work. Anyone know how to configure ekiga and routers and (?)ubuntu sound? The router is a netgear WGR614 v7. The headphones I am planning to use are connected through the sound card. Ekiga says that 99% of the time, no configuration is necessary, other than the configuration wizard - wish I wasn't in the 1% of cases that does need configuring I would prefer not to use skype if possible. Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Windows is the best virus detector on the market!
    Ubuntu attracts Human Beings - Windows attracts viruses and worms

Beans

Re: Ekiga instant messaging connects, but audio doesn't

Upgrading firmware to latest version sometimes make ekiga work properly with Netgear WGR614 routers. One of my friend has WGR614 v9 and ekiga is working properly after upgrading firmware to latest version.