Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Intel Mac (Mactel) FAQ

Beans

Re: Intel Mac (Mactel) FAQ

If you cant support or answer, wh's this support mean?????

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Eglo View Post
    If you cant support or answer, wh's this support mean?????
    This forum community is made up volunteers in mnay timezones and with a variety of knowledge. They answer questions when they can.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eglo View Post
    Hi, had ubuntu 12.4 installed on iMac 7,1, everything work fine wireless, boot, sounds ..etc. some time if work with graphic like Blender, Gimp ...
    become the screen like this:

Dosn't work any more within reboot the system!

Hope that you solved this issue

Regards
    Eglo

More details about the model:

That has nothing to do with "Apple" but with the Ati Videocard.. try updating it.. Ati's support sucks though

in a terminal:
    wget http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/am...x86.x86_64.zip
    unzip amd-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
    chmod +x amd-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64.run
    sudo ./amd-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/quantal
    sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...TI.27s_site.29

Beans

Hi, I recently stumbled upon a huge Nvidia Optimus problem where Bumblebee failed to load the i915 driver on a MBP 6,2. I figured out a workaround where you just install nvidia-current and blacklist i915 and nouveau to only use the Nvidia card. The MBP 6,2 wiki has no information on the i915 driver even failing (or Bumblebee for that matter) and I was wondeirng how I could edit it to add the information. I apparently do not have permission to load the edited file with added info and I don't see any place on the forums to give the info.

Beans

I've got Ubuntu 12.04.2-desktop-i386 on an Intel Mac Mini from 2006 with OS X 10.4. I've installed all the updates but it's still running pretty slow. Are there any drivers I need to install, or is this a hardware issue?

Beans

Perhaps the FAQ can be updated to reflect that booting to external drives is now possible through the use of external thunderbolt connected drives.

Thunderbolt is basically a PCI express connection. I've read in these forums that Thunderbolt support was added to the kernel in 3.12.

I've been using the Seagate GoFlex 2.5" Thunderbolt/SATA enclosure/adapter without problem (14.04).

Beans

Hi, for information, installation with 64 bit images is possible on such particular Mac with 32 bit EFI/firmware and 64 bit processor. My iMac 6.1 with 3Go RAM works fine in unity and gnome-shell.
    I have used the ubuntu-14.04.1-desktop-amd64+mac.iso burned on a DVD (no boot with USB key). All others images were only bootable in 32 bit (only DVDs).
    So, providing amd+mac 64 bit iso is mandatory for these machines and I hope to get it for 14.10 and next.
    Last edited by guynux; November 26th, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    Hi, for information, installation with 64 bit images is possible on such particular Mac with 32 bit EFI/firmware and 64 bit processor. My iMac 6.1 with 3Go RAM works fine in unity and gnome-shell.
    I have used the ubuntu-14.04.1-desktop-amd64+mac.iso burned on a DVD (no boot with USB key). All others images were only bootable in 32 bit (only DVDs).
    So, providing amd+mac 64 bit iso is mandatory for these machines and I hope to get it for 14.10 and next.
    Yes, but that's very old advice. One can strip unnecessary entries from the El Torito catalogue and get any recent AMD64 version to boot.

Instructions can be found half-way down this page: https://mattgadient.com/linux-dvd-im...e-2006-models/

Beans

Hi! How can I contribute to the iMac 2011 documentation for a modern Ubuntu version? I'd like to contribute to this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Intel_iMac

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Given that the page you cited and this one have not been updated in more than 7 years, you may have missed a boat long departed from the port.

Generally, one must be an Ubuntu Member and further be granted rights to edit.

Becoming an Ubuntu Member is not an overnight undertaking. A long-term demonstration of commitment and an excellent history of support or contributions will be required.

For instance, membership may be gained by Ubuntu Forums contributions. Be aware that the minimum amount of time is just that: a minimum. It is not likely that we on the Forums Council will move to grant membership after just six months. Post count is less important that post quality.

The keys here are time, commitment and valuable contributions.

And now, given the advanced age and length of tooth shown by this thread: closed.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112