Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HOWTO: Nouveau - Open source 3d drivers for nvidia graphic cards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Nouveau - Open source 3d drivers for nvidia graphic cards

Quote Originally Posted by Hakimio View Post
    No, instead of upgrading kernel just try replacing the autogen line in the tutorial with the one suggested by slaykristian: (...)
    Now I get
    Code:
    configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-dri-drivers, --with-gallium-drivers, --enable-debug, --enable-texture-float, --disable-asm, --enable-opengl, --disable-gles2, --disable-openvg, --enable-dri, --enable-glx, --enable-xvmc, --disable-va, --disable-vdpau, --disable-osmesa, --disable-egl, --disable-xorg, --disable-d3d1x, --disable-xa, --disable-gbm, --disable-xlib-glx, --disable-gallium-egl, --disable-gallium-gbm, --disable-gallium-llvm, --disable-xcb, --enable-driglx-direct, --enable-glx-tls, --enable-glu, --enable-glw, --disable-motif
    Full log attached just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakimio View Post
    Last time I checked it didn't work because some of the required extensions were not implemented, but it was long ago and things might have changed since then. You could try launching compiz after the 3d driver installation yourself and you could ask some developers on IRC (freenode server, nouveau channel) if there is any way to get compiz running with nouveau.
    I really appropriate the help, thanks Hakimio. How can I give a bean?

I already have some work late because of playing around that issue. Might be optimal to eliminate the issue with a stronger bullet. That's why replacement ATI Radeon's card is on the way to me. With my previous HD4870 setting the setup I like worked fine. I hope ATI haven't broke that yet. Keep your finger crossed than

Still I can test something with Nvidia if any advice (up to Saturaday morning). You are welcome, maybe someone else will use the solution if I succeed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tamashumi View Post

I already have some work late because of playing around that issue. Might be optimal to eliminate the issue with a stronger bullet.
    If you don't have time to play with the compilation of the latest open source 3d driver, you can just install an older version from ubuntu software repository. The package is called "libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental".
    Anyway, just wondering: what's so bad about the proprietary driver, that you are so desperately trying to get the open source one working?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Proprietary driver is limited.

Short story: because I would like to work like I used before GPU change.

This includes Compiz with couple plugins and shortcuts which are real usability goodies.

Long story

I'm desperate because I was like 'challenge accepted' when realized the new card doesn't run the way I need.
    Last edited by tamashumi; November 10th, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

Beans

Beans

Can anyone send me Makefile from "http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/plain/nouveau/Makefile?h=master-compat". This repository does not respond.

Beans

can't load glx because something mismatch
    Code:
    [  5701.236] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [  5701.237] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [  5701.237] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [  5701.237]    compiled for 1.9.0, module version = 1.0.0
    [  5701.237]    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 4.0
    [  5701.237] (EE) module ABI major version (4) doesn't match the server's version (5)
    [  5701.237] (II) UnloadModule: "glx"
    [  5701.237] (II) Unloading glx
    [  5701.237] (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
    can someone tell me how to solve this problem?

Beans

I would like to ask for Your help - i would like to enable vsync in nouveau. Is it possible? If yes, than how?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678