hello, I'm using backtrack Linux bt 2.6.30.9 my sound did not work on my 17' MacBook Pro (4,1) after install, so i found your update and tried it.. I got to the -c part and got an error... any ideas? thanks! I typed... root@bt:~# ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh -c **080510-20.24****Alsa-Upgrade-Script-1.0.23-2 ********************* * * You'll be upgraded from Alsa 1.0.20. to 1.0.23 * * Run -h option for further help and to look up the workflows * * Note1: Alsa won't be upgraded before you run the * installation option -i!! * The upgrade procedure shouldn't have any effect on Alsa * until then. However - see Note2 * * Note2: Do not delete the Alsa Source Directory under /usr/src! * When starting the script the 2nd time with -d, * the Alsa source dir will be deleted automatically! * You won't have sound until you're done with that installation * * DISCLAIMER: Use this script at your own risk. I do not take any * responsibility for any problems caused by running * this script. Before running this script I strongly * advise you to make a backup of your system. * You might enter problems restoring the system to its * original status when running the restore function * supplied by the script. * * ************************************************** ************************* Continue to configure and compile 1.0.23 [y/n]: y ************************************************** ************************* * Alsa packages(drivers/lib/util/firmware/oss) will be compiled ************************************************** ************************* ************************************************** ************************* * Prepare for compilation and installation... ************************************************** ************************* ************************************************** ************************* * Compiling drivers... ************************************************** ************************* rm -f .depend *.o snd.map* rm -f modules/*.o modules/*.ko make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include' Makefile:6: ../Makefile.conf: No such file or directory make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../Makefile.conf'. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include' make: *** [clean] Error 1 checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling... no checking for suffix of executables... checking for suffix of object files... o checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed checking for ranlib... ranlib checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E checking for ANSI C header files... yes checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes checking for inline... inline checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no checking for current directory... /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23 checking cross compile... checking for directory with ALSA kernel sources... ../alsa-kmirror checking for directory with kernel source... Please install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel sources (default is /lib/modules/2.6.30.9/build). ************************************************** ************************* * alsa-driver-1.0.23 configure failed