Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Quote Originally Posted by panchen View Post
    Code:
    checking for unistd.h... yes
    checking panel.h usability... no
    checking panel.h presence... no
    checking for panel.h... no
    configure: error: required curses helper header not found
    Did you have Synaptic or some other package manager open while running the script? The errors look like you're missing libncurses5-dev and/or libncursesw5-dev package(s).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    Did you have Synaptic or some other package manager open while running the script? The errors look like you're missing libncurses5-dev and/or libncursesw5-dev package(s).
    Just the Terminal, booted Ubuntu this morning for the sole purpose of posting the error. Any other reasons to be missing the libncurses* files? (And out of curiosity, what do they do?)

ratcheer, any luck?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by panchen View Post
    ratcheer, any luck?
    Nothing yet. Thanks for asking.

Tim

Beans

I might be stating the obvious, nevertheless, I did a quick search for libncurses*, they're installed. The description states they're shared libraries for Terminal. By having the Terminal open in X, am I effectively locking this files as read-only? I'm just guessing here, I do not have a lot of linux experience...

Is there a 'proper' way to be running this script?

Beans

Pulseaudio broke my Karmic install (Netbook Remix on Asus eeepc 1005HA) when i had the audacity to install the Pulseaudio controller in order to get my internal mic to work. Spent hours trying a wide variety of solutions and was preparing to borrow a friend's windows machine to make a bootable usb and total install. Thankfully I found this! Worked like a charm. System sounds, VLC, Skype, Rythmnbox.

Eternal thanks!
    -evan-

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I got a problem after i upgrade sometimes sound will goes off sudenlly and if i play movie in totem the movie will not play just pause, so any help?
    i have karmic
    kernel 31.17

Beans

The Alsa 1.0.22. upgrade script worked for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS on my Acer 4736 (ICH9 Audio)

It works fine most of the time but sometimes hangs / stutters. Still better than no sound at all.

Thanks a lot for all the info especially for the upgrade script.

Forget to mention: I compiled with "cards=hda-intel" instead of "cards=all". Was giving some compilation errors other wise
    Last edited by sumandeep1984; February 1st, 2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: More info added

Beans

Many many many thanks. I had no sound on my Pavilion dv6 and now my speakers work. Will test headphones and HDMI output later.

I really appreciate, thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!

thanks for this upgrade script.. it makes life a lot easier. i've already used it twice.. to upgrade to 1.0.21 and now to 1.0.22.1
    both of the upgrades fixed sound issues for me.... but also brought new ones lol!

right now i can't hear flash videos in firefox if have another app such as rhythmbox or songbird playing audio..
    but if i open a flash video and start listening first, then i can't hear anything on rhythmbox..

so it's either one or the other...
    weird....

Beans

Great script, thanks! Between that and some other hacking I've now got the HDMI audio out working on my nVidia G210.

I noticed that you don't have any hooks to set up parallel make, so I quickly modified the script to add a $MAKEFLAGS variable after each call to `make' for compilation. To use, just set MAKEFLAGS appropriately before running the script (I used `MAKEFLAGS=-j6' to run six jobs; your best results will depend on the number of available processors). Nothing complicated, but I had to run the compilation a few times while I was getting the nVidia patches sorted, so figured I may as well shave a little time off.

RELEVANT DETAIL: I believe you'll need to `export' MAKEFLAGS, and run the script with `sudo -E'.
    Last edited by paoleary; February 6th, 2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Details, details.

Page 64 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast