Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1236

Thread: ALSA Upgrade Script

  1. #1151
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Beans
    61

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    I think the problem lies in the include file
    pm_qos_params.h

    I added 2 lines to it:-

    int pm_qos_add_requirement(int qos, char *name, s32 value);
    void pm_qos_remove_requirement(int qos, char *name);

    I was then able to compile alsa (in maverick) with loopback.

  2. #1152
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Beans
    1

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    Quote Originally Posted by hg21 View Post
    I think the problem lies in the include file
    pm_qos_params.h

    I added 2 lines to it:-

    int pm_qos_add_requirement(int qos, char *name, s32 value);
    void pm_qos_remove_requirement(int qos, char *name);

    I was then able to compile alsa (in maverick) with loopback.
    Me too, i've got same error with "snd_pcm_hw_params".

    Would you tell where to put that 2 lines? It's my first time using the Alsa Upgrade script.
    Thanks

  3. #1153
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Beans
    1

    Red face Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    Hi! I'm running the latest Mythbuntu 10.10 and your script fails to compile with 2 errors.

    My Kernel is 2.6.35-22-generic

    Here's the end of my log file.

    ./include/generated/autoconf.h:2099: note: this is the location of the previous$
    In file included from /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include/config.h:$
    from /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include/adriver.h$
    from /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm.c:1:
    /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include/config1.h:175: warning: "CONFIG$
    ./include/generated/autoconf.h:2099: note: this is the location of the previous$
    CC [M] /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.o
    In file included from /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include/config.h:$
    from /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include/adriver.h$
    from /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.$
    /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/include/config1.h:175: warning: "CONFIG$
    ./include/generated/autoconf.h:2099: note: this is the location of the previous$
    /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c: In function ‘snd_pc$
    /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c:489: error: implicit$
    /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c:492: error: implicit$
    make[3]: *** [/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.o] Error$
    make[2]: *** [/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic'
    make: *** [compile] Error 2

    ************************************************** *************************
    * alsa-driver-1.0.23 make failed
    ************************************************** *************************

  4. #1154
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    11,679

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    Quote Originally Posted by rhartman View Post
    Hi! I'm running the latest Mythbuntu 10.10 and your script fails to compile with 2 errors.
    The reasons and workarounds for this error are covered in the recent posts to this thread.

  5. #1155
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    3

    Thumbs up Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    This upgrade script took care of my Macbook Pro 6,2 onboard sound problem. Previously, I had sound, but it would only work through external speakers or headphones. After running this awesomely detailed ALSA upgrade script, my internal and external speakers work flawlessly. Many thanks Lidex!

  6. #1156
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    113

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    I'm trying to use this guide to get NVIDIA HDMI audio out working on my Zotac ZBOX. They have a guide here (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc..._4UHdw86HJin3w) that basically just references this guide, with a few minor tweaks. However, one of the tweaks is to apply the patch here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=13, but I've noticed that the patch affects /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/sound/pci/hda/patch_nvhdmi.c which doesn't exist in my alsa source folder? Am I missing something? Is that patch no longer needed? I omitted that step and did everything else, but I still can't get audio out. Alsamixer shows the HDA NVidia HDMI as a sound card, but only lists one S/PDIF output and won't let me change volume on it?

  7. #1157
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Beans
    1

    Smile Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    Awesome,

    thank you

    this worked for my alienware m11x with ubuntu 10.04
    and realtek id 665 soundcard

    Thanx

  8. #1158
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montréal Québec Canada
    Beans
    209
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    I am already on 10.10 and, from reading the reason for the errors on 2.6.35-22-generic, I already have the newwest Alsa version.

    Sadly, I have an issue with Razer Megalodon headset. If I connect them before I boot my computer, the sound card in it is recognise (7.1, 5.1 and 4.1) but, if I hotplug in the USB port after booting, only the Mic is seen, I have to type:

    Code:
    sudo alsa force-reload
    and they will work properly. Is there anything in this procedure that would help or any ideas of what I could try out ?

    I have been contacted by someone who has the same headset and no issues neither on 10.04 and 10.10.
    Ubuntu Québec Loco team
    Étudiant en certificat en informatique à l' UQAM

    Ubuntu 12.04 on Asus G73JW-A1

  9. #1159
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    6

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    Thanks a lot for this topic , now i am using ubuntu 10.10 and my problem is when boot with headphone plug in .They can give the sound at the same time ,so i must re-plug in or after log in system .
    So i do compile sources code with latest version 1.0.23 and read some pages before ,and get same result like #1153 . Can you give some tips ?

    regards.

  10. #1160
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Beans
    3

    Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

    Quote Originally Posted by fowie View Post
    I'm trying to use this guide to get NVIDIA HDMI audio out working on my Zotac ZBOX. They have a guide here (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc..._4UHdw86HJin3w) that basically just references this guide, with a few minor tweaks. However, one of the tweaks is to apply the patch here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=13, but I've noticed that the patch affects /usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23/sound/pci/hda/patch_nvhdmi.c which doesn't exist in my alsa source folder? Am I missing something? Is that patch no longer needed? I omitted that step and did everything else, but I still can't get audio out. Alsamixer shows the HDA NVidia HDMI as a sound card, but only lists one S/PDIF output and won't let me change volume on it?
    Having the same problem, anyone able to give any insight into this?

Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •