news about ubuntu and arm?

news about ubuntu and arm?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: news about ubuntu and arm?

wuzzat?
    my shiz: http://inportb.com/
    use Dropbox if you need an awesome free file hosting service; please follow my referral link for an extra 256MB of free storage.

Beans

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/arm-linux dont know much about it apart from its april release date.

Beans

seems porting is still in progress but no news of any alpha images yet or such. though if you have one of these you can sort of give it a try though its apprently for development only and contains no real packages, joy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: news about ubuntu and arm?

I just read this today: http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/09/01/20/211251.shtml

The Ubuntu Mobile operating system is undergoing its most radical change with a port to the ARM processor for Internet devices and netbooks, and may use Nokia's LGPL Qt development environment as an alternative to GNOME. During a presentation at this year's linux.conf.au conference, Canonical's David Mandala said Ubuntu Mobile has changed a lot over the past year... 'I worked on ARM devices for many years so a full Linux distribution on ARM is exciting,' Mandala said, adding one of the biggest challenges is reminding developers to write applications for 800 by 600 screen resolutions found in smaller devices. 'The standard [resolution] for GNOME [apps] is 800 by 600, but not all apps are. For this reason Ubuntu Mobile uses the GNOME Mobile (Hildon framework) instead of a full GNOME desktop, but since Nokia open sourced Qt under the LGPL it may consider this as an alternative.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Here is a post from omegamoon about jaunty on a arm based Zaurus

Friday, 13 February, 2009, 11:28 - Zaurus, Gadgets, Linux
    Posted by cortez
    You may ask yourself why it is taking so long before a fresh new Zubuntu release is uploaded on this site. Well, I was asked some time ago by an Ubuntu developer to get all Zubuntu related packages into mainstream Ubuntu, so it could become part of the upcoming 9.04 Jaunty release for ARM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Now if only Ubuntu would team with a hardware vender to make a really inexpensive netbook with an extremely long battery life.

Oh but wait, much like with Vista, Linux dropped the ball gaining market share on Netbooks too, so that won't happen
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software