Thread: Flash video/audio skips

Beans

Flash video/audio skips

Hey,

I'm running FF3 and Flash 10, and for some reason, when FF has be open for a while and I try and watch a video, it progresses for a few seconds and then the audio starts skipping like a broken record. I can seek past a few seconds, and it'll play another second and do the same thing. If I close firefox and reopen it, it'll be okay.

I've found threads about this problem in the past, but they were all with flash 9. I have "nonfree-plugin" installed. After this problem showed up, I tried also installing "nonfree-plugin-extras", but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Flash video/audio skips

Installing libasound can help resolve stuttering
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libasound2

sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins
    give it a try
    I'm not afraid of storms, for I sail my own ship

Beans

I already had those installed.

Beans

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

i would look through that whole post carefully checking everything, and specifically i think APPENDIX B will help you.. the part about modifying the daemon.conf file.

peace.

Beans

Unfortunately, pulseaudio mucks up a lot of stuff on my system, so I'm back to esound. Any other possible ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I had the same problem. Did you try installing the libasound2-dev package? That did it for me.

Cheers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eightysix View Post
    I had the same problem. Did you try installing the libasound2-dev package? That did it for me.

Cheers.
    For anyone who lands on this old thread. This solution does seem to alleviate a lot of the skipping audio issues I've had with flash.

1. Open a terminal, and run the following command to install libasound2-dev
    2. Code:
      $ sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev

If you have Google Chrome, the following steps will help too. What this will do is disable the native Google Chrome Flash player in favor of Adobe's.

1. Open a new tab, paste this link, and then hit Enter to get to the Chrome plugins page: chrome://plugins/
    2. On the top right hand side of the page, you'll see the Details button. Make sure it's expanded. It should show a minus sign after clicking it.
    3. There should be two versions of Flash. Click Disable on the version which has a location field which looks something similar to this: /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
    4. Finally, open up a Flash site in a new tab to test your audio. It should be working a lot better.