Thread: PROGEX: (UBU based) can't resize windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

PROGEX: (UBU based) can't resize windows?

[SOLVED]

I'm giving Progex a whirl (and yep, it really does have every bell and whistle known to man) but has a few annoying desktop quirks. I finally found out how to move windows, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to minimise or resize.

I like to use tiled windows a lot - and none of the apps seem to open with buttons. When I checked the theme manager there SHOULD I think be buttons there for them.

Can anyone familiar with Progex - or possibly Ubuntu 8.10 with Compiz - help me sort out the desktop issues?

I might not be able to keep the distro as I'm having overheating issues with Ubuntu but hoping I might find a fix somewhere, or 8.10 might be better than the previous version.

thanks!
    Last edited by xarte; January 25th, 2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: TRYING to mark as 'solved'
    Shrines! Shrines! Surely you don't believe in the gods. What's your argument? Where's your proof?
    -- Aristophanes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: PROGEX: (UBU based) can't resize windows?

Never mind, found it: Had to go to System/Preferences/Appearance

Whatever the default themes were in Progex either weren't loaded right or were defaulting to a button-free look. I selected a different one and they are working properly now, buttons there to minimise and I can resize all the apps as needed. Yay !!!!!
    Shrines! Shrines! Surely you don't believe in the gods. What's your argument? Where's your proof?
    -- Aristophanes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PROGEX: (UBU based) can't resize windows?

Your next mission will be to try and install your printer and then discover cups is missing.

This "distro" is not ready yet. There are so many things wrong that I would not take it too seriously. Check out their official forum and note the very old and few posts.