Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Science FAIL

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Computer Science FAIL

Just keep correcting him and probing for more info when you feel he is wrong. (personal opinion, of course)
    I am infallible, you should know that by now.
    "My favorite language is call STAR. It's extremely concise. It has exactly one verb '*', which does exactly what I want at the moment." --Larry Wall
    (02:15:31 PM) ***TimToady and snake oil go way back...
    42 lines of Perl - SHI - Home Site

Beans

Don't let school get in the way of your education.

Beans

@OP
    dude i know how exactly you feel right now. i have been dealing with this for the past 3.5 years almost. just carry on with your studies and grab the degree. i tried correcting my professors earlier, but there is only so much one can do

Beans

looking for pitty?
    If you take it serious you should study the stuff from lesson on your own. What again was the subject?
    the jvm is my home...
    http://clojure.org/
    http://www.scala-lang.org/...and it rocks a lot!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimi_hendrix View Post
    i predict an easy A at least

word up!
    Your Ubuntu User number is # 15355

A must Read for anyone interested in Computer Programming.

Beans

*cries self to sleep at one in the afternoon*

Beans

At least you didn't spend a week coddling the lower half of the gene pool by explaining how to use the mouse for a solid week like they did in My CIS classes *shudder*
    Open Source Kupo

Beans

* A compiler is a software that converts code written in a particular programming language to machine code. To compile a program, you must hit ALT+F9. (It took me a while to realize he was talking about the Borland Turbo C++ IDE from 1992, a prehistoric compiler Indian colleges use for all C and C++ courses.)
    Depends. Was it the same key in Borland C 2.0? That one rocked (sans broken stuff). Turbo C++? Nah.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ankursethi View Post
    I wish I could find a new college, but that's just not possible. College education is cheap in India, so everyone wants to get a degree. The result is too many applicants for very few seats. Every college has its own selection procedure involving *shudder* "entrance exams". Getting through one of those is not easy. It was scary enough the first time, and going through it a second time will probably kill me.

Did I mention how Indian universities work? Here's how - "This is the lecture schedule for the week. If you have less than 75% attendance in any of the subject, you fail. Have a nice day."

(Not that all Universities are this bad. The problem is that all the cool ones have at least 80 to 100 applicants competing for each seat.)
    Well, sounds like it's much easier to get a professor position than a student seat... Otherwise, I cannot explain how that guy is currently a college professor (it's still hard to believe that he can say those things... Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit??)
    --Bixejo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimi_hendrix View Post
    i predict an easy A at least
    Nope. The worse the teacher the greater the standard deviation in grades. I experience this with a professor of mine who is absolutely disastrous.

Seriously, I'd try to get out of there... If you can't, then be patient and smile at him; if you start correcting him each class he'll end up hating you and knocking you down on purpose.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast