Thread: I can not record!

Beans

Exclamation I can not record!

OK, I've looked in every thread possible, looked at everyones screen shots of their settings and tried all kinds of things. I'm usually good at figuring stuff out on my own, but now i need help.

I can hear everything my sound card is putting out, but i cant record anything in Sound Recorder (like I said before I've tried numerous combinations of settings, including the ones people have posted in screen shots of systems that work). However, when i go to Applications> Sound and Video > Recording Level Monitor . its picking up my mic.

I am at a dead end and utterly confused as to why i cant record, when it recognizes my mic and is showing me via Recording Level Monitor.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Beans

Re: I can not record!

In the sound recorder, have you fiddled around with the inputs? ie: Mic, Mic Front, Microphone, Capture, Capture1, Capture2, and others? I was dealing with quite a similar problem earlier today, and I had to pinpoint which input it was.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dnRoyston View Post
    In the sound recorder, have you fiddled around with the inputs? ie: Mic, Mic Front, Microphone, Capture, Capture1, Capture2, and others? I was dealing with quite a similar problem earlier today, and I had to pinpoint which input it was.
    yes, ive doen capture 1, 2, digital, mic, front mic...all combinations of the sorts for the past 5.5 hours...i'm going nutz here.

Beans

bump...