Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help with this driver for Edirol UA-4FX

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Please help with this driver for Edirol UA-4FX

I would think ppl would appreciate such a script. BTW has anyone gotten MIDI to work w/ Ardour yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I will try this weekend in my keyboard, I will try to see that
    I dont work with ardou, but I will test. If it works with rosegarden
    it should work with ardour. Ok I will try to make that script, I dont have to muchtime, but I will try
    Classic music and GNU/Linux are like a good red wine. At first you may not like it, but with time you will love it, and maybe you will not want anything else!!!

Beans

A script would be lovely!!

I have been patiently waiting to get the MIDI working on my UA4FX with Studio. Audio has been OK, but I'd really like to get the MIDI working. Usually, I route a DX11 into it, but I just got a Axiom25 ( USB midi with knobs and pads ) and silly me, I didn't check for linux/Ubuntu support. Even my MOTU midi-lite is driverless in Ubuntu. However, I could route the Axiom into the UA4FX if its midi ports are supported and be very happy. I'll probably try the process above this weekend ( and look around for Axiom support some more ). Its been a while since I compiled stuff, but this doesn't appear more complicated than a custom kernel ( which I used to do way back when). I saw one msg where somebody had a Axiom49 working, so maybe there's an Axiom25 patch path out there.

I may try Wine this weekend as well to import some VST's from Vista. I just got some more drive space ( ~150 GB for Ubuntu) and am torn between going back to Hardy, staying with Intrepid, or just waiting for Jaunty. Will depend on how well Nvidia support works out this weekend.

But MIDI support would be great to get Jack/Studio going and start playing with Rosegarden and Renoise.

Beans

I forgot to mention that I'm a willing volunteer beta tester for a script. I'll probably be doing a re-install anyway shortly to see if I can boot to a USB drive this weekend and need to re-DL Studio anyway. First, I'll try to get my Nvidia driver straightened out ( again ). Compile from Nvidia site worked OK in Gutsy, but Intrepid hasn't worked with Envy, Intrepid installers, NVidia, etc ( so far, and its not a dual video card system with new X.org issues ). If you don't find the time this weekend that's fine.

Cheers. Best of luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I tried out those UDev rules and my UA-4fx in advanced mode now loads up like a charm with snd-usb-audio.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mtriston View Post
    ... BTW has anyone gotten MIDI to work w/ Ardour yet?
    Well, this weekend I tested midi, and it worked with rosegarden, ZynAddSub, and even with PureData, I really dont know to much about ardour, so i do not understand why you need midi there, is it for start controllers? or to sincronise with sequencers? because I see the midi in connections in jack, so it should work also with ardour. The script is like in standby for some days, I need to play with my UA-4FX first
    Classic music and GNU/Linux are like a good red wine. At first you may not like it, but with time you will love it, and maybe you will not want anything else!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I was just curious about trying out ardour and its different features. I have never used it before and just wanted to experiment a bit. I see midi in jack as well but for some reason I don't see it in ardour or audacity. Just wondering if there was an easy set up for them such as rosegarden's 'manage midi devices' program.

Beans
    Distro

I think that you can assign midi controllers to the mixers. I saw that in some ardour tutorial

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

For anyone interested I've just stumbled across some video tutorials for beginners of ardour here. And BTW do we think we can now mark this thread as solved?

Beans
    Distro

wait, for the script. when i make the script, then is solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast