Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: snd_hda_intel options database

Beans

Re: snd_hda_intel options database

I have a HP Pavilion DV7-1002tx running Ubuntu Jaunty.

Codec: IDT 92HD71B7X
    Codec: LSI ID 1040
    Codec: Nvidia MCP78 HDMI

I can confirm that this fixes my sounds issues.

Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4 enable=1 index=0
    options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1
    This also works:

Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=hp
    and so does this:

Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-1
    There is some volume variation between the different models with options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-1 being by far the loudest. This also one of the recommended codecs in /usr/share/doc/alsa-base/driver/ALSA-Configuration.txt.gz for 92HD71B*

Im using alsa 1.0.21

Previously I was using options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig but this died when I upgraded KDE to 4.3 -> updating alsa to 1.0.21 and changing the snd-hda-intel options to the ones above resolved the issue.
    Last edited by AzT3K; September 3rd, 2009 at 08:52 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dizee View Post
    Just to add to that, having had to do this again recently I forgot to mention that you need to upgrade to the new alsa drivers first. Instructions here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=60

Hopefully it will work for you.

Also if you get a sound at the login screen but none after you log in, check if the "Front" volume is too low (needed to be 90 for me to get any sound).

I had alsa 1.20, sound working but not headphone.
    I installed alsa-driver snapshot, and now it works fine!!!!! Very good!!!

Thank you very much!

Beans

I just upgraded to 9.04 and got no sound. I found the following article:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=806620

That article helped greatly. The following settings appear to work:

Laptop: HP HDX9300
    Codec: STAC9271D
    Module: snd-hda-intel
    Jacks:
    Rear: Front, Center/Sub, Side, Rear
    Front: Mic, Headphone 1, Headphone 2

Working options in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:

options snd-hda-intel model=5stack position_fix=0 probe_mask=-1 bdl_pos_adj=-1 enable=yes

Results:
    ----------------------
    Currently, I have 5.1 speakers attached to the Front, Center/Sub and Rear connectors. All work correctly.

=> Laptop speakers work when the checkbox "Line in as Output" is checked.

Unchecking that checkbox leaves me with external speakers which works great when docked.

Headphone jack 1 does not work, but plugging headphones into headphone jack 2 works and mutes other outputs correctly.

HTH: I've found very few references for this laptop configuration running Linux.

Rich

Beans

One more for the database. We should have a wiki page for this. Or there is one that I'm missing?
    Sony Vaio VGN-CS360A, Realtek ALC262, running Jaunty
    options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba-s06

$> lspci -vv
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 903f
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
    Region 0: Memory at d6800000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Beans

...In case there were people who were as stupid as me when reloading ALSA,
    after

killall pulseaudio

sudo alsa force-reload

there will be a message box asking you whether to reload or not (in Ubuntu 9.04)..press Reload..before you type

pulseaudio -D

I am using Compaq CQ40, the configurations worked just fine for me..thanks!

Beans

Please help, I just can't get any sound at all from my hp dv6-1007tx
    I have tried several of the above alsabase mods to no avail, all my info on set up & hardware is here
    Also after adding to the alsabase.conf file when I run the command killall pulseaudio nothing happens
    The command sudo alsa force-reload gives me
    lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/mercedes/.gvfs
    Output information may be incomplete.
    Terminating processes: 7993 8000lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/mercedes/.gvfs
    lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/mercedes/.gvfs
    Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-intel snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.
    Loading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-intel snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.

And the command pulseaudio -D gives me
    I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
    N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
    N: main.c: For enabling real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
    E: main.c: Daemon startup failed.

Then when I reboot the machine and run the command sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf again the file no longer shows my edit - even though I have definitely saved it - and I still get no sound at all, from speakers or headphones.

I have also tried to update the alsa with no luck - followed instructions here & here
    still my alsa shows as
    Driver version: 1.0.18rc3
    Library version: 1.0.18
    Utilities version: 1.0.18
    Last edited by karlakoala; September 16th, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: More info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by karlakoala View Post
    Please help, I just can't get any sound at all from my hp dv6-1007tx
    I have tried several of the above alsabase mods to no avail, all my info on set up & hardware is here
    Also after adding to the alsabase.conf file when I run the command killall pulseaudio nothing happens
    The command sudo alsa force-reload gives me
    Terminating processes: 7993 8000lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/mercedes/.gvfs
    Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-intel snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.
    Loading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-intel snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.

And the command pulseaudio -D gives me
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
    N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
    N: main.c: For enabling real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
    E: main.c: Daemon startup failed.

Then when I reboot the machine and run the command sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf again the file no longer shows my edit - even though I have definitely saved it - and I still get no sound at all, from speakers or headphones.

I have also tried to update the alsa with no luck - followed instructions here & here
    still my alsa shows as
    Driver version: 1.0.18rc3
    Library version: 1.0.18
    Utilities version: 1.0.18

I now have sound thanks to this post

"Originally Posted by shinjimx
    I've just did this on my dv2-1020la (Latinamerican version), worked like a charm.

What you have to do in simple steps:

go to this website:

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...a/alsa-driver/

Download the file alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.bz2

Go to your download location, extract it (I did it via the file manager, double click the file and drag 'n drop the folder to where you want, say, Desktop)

Open a terminal (command line)

Go to the location you extracted the alsa-driver folder (if you did it on Desktop, type cd /home/xxx/Desktop/alsa-driver/ where xxx is your user)

Type the commands one after the other ends:
    ./configure --enable-dynamic-minors
    make
    sudo make install-modules
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base (I replaced vim with gedit because it's easier)

copy and paste this:
    options snd_hda_intel model=hp-dv5

save the file and restart your laptop

As I said, just did it (took me about 10-15 min.) and now Metallica is rocking on my system.

Good luck.
    Greetings from Mexico City"

in this thread

Updated alsa successfully & instead of dv5 added dv6

It's quiet, but I have sound so it's a start!

Any ideas how to make it louder?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I now have sound thanks to this post

"Originally Posted by shinjimx
    I've just did this on my dv2-1020la (Latinamerican version), worked like a charm.

What you have to do in simple steps:

go to this website:

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...a/alsa-driver/

Download the file alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.bz2

Go to your download location, extract it (I did it via the file manager, double click the file and drag 'n drop the folder to where you want, say, Desktop)

Open a terminal (command line)

Go to the location you extracted the alsa-driver folder (if you did it on Desktop, type cd /home/xxx/Desktop/alsa-driver/ where xxx is your user)

Type the commands one after the other ends:
    ./configure --enable-dynamic-minors
    make
    sudo make install-modules
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base (I replaced vim with gedit because it's easier)

copy and paste this:

save the file and restart your laptop

As I said, just did it (took me about 10-15 min.) and now Metallica is rocking on my system.

Good luck.
    Greetings from Mexico City"

in this thread

Updated alsa successfully & instead of dv5 added dv6

hey shinjimx .. tx to you, i now have ACDC rocking my sys!

couple things tho .. for some folks, i think jaunty up

you may need to use "alsa-base.conf", rather than "alsa-base"

copy and paste this:
    dunno if it's me or my setup, somehow, but for me it worked with hyphens rather than underscores, so i made that ..

options snd-hda-intel-model=hp-dv5

er, dunno about Metallica, mind call me old-fashioned.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey karlakoala .. I thought this was overridden by master volume in top panel but just tried and it's not, so try this ..

at terminal type:-

alsamixer

er, guess what, that brings up the mixer!

have a play .. mine's too darn loud now. that's what the missus said anyhow.

Beans

Thanks so much for this post!!!

I got sound working on my HP after finding this!

Model: dv6t-1200

On a clean install of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty - no sound through speakers or headphone jacks

After upgrading Alsa (compiling driver(s) from source), and adding this line: option snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-1 to the Alsa config, I have sound now through speakers and headphones! Mic works too, but I never test that until after the fix.

Thanks again!!

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast