Thread: Colour not proper on external display

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Colour not proper on external display

Hi.

I have an Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT and it came bundled with an S-Video cable that can be connected to either composite input or component input of a TV.

I have a 32 inch Samsung LCD TV and connected my desktop to the TV's component input using the provided cable. The problem is with the color actually.

When booting and displaying the BIOS and the splash screen , the colour is proper. However when the login screen comes, the colour isn't proper. Ditto for the desktop.There seems to be some pinkish/purplish colour over the screen.

When I booted up Windows XP however , the colours were OK.

Since the splash screen appears OK but the login screen doesn't I'm guessing it has something to do with the Nvidia driver.

Is there any way to fix this ?

I'm using Intrepid with latest updates and Nvidia driver version 177.82

Also , in Windows the Nvidia control panel gave several options for TV resolution including 720p and 1080i (which are supported by the TV) but in Ubuntu I get only upto 1024x768. Is it possible to get those resolutions?

Thanks for the help ! (And for reading my long post )

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Colour not proper on external display

Errr.... can someone please reply ? If you're not willing to read the long post I'll gladly write a shorter version.