Thread: How to create a local buildd to build packages for other architectures ?

Beans

How to create a local buildd to build packages for other architectures ?

Hello all,

I read this how-to from debian : http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/setting-up

But got at the end something not functionnal at all.

Could you describe me a way to set up a buildd in Ubuntu (automated if possible, I have hardy, intrepid and jaunty (for testing) on my computer) which could automatically build sources (the same that I dput to my ppa in Launchpad) into debs for my arch and other ones ? I have some packages I can't redistribute to build (i.e. ffmpeg with some extra codec options) and others packages I want to try without spamming my ppa or waiting for the queue.

Thanks for your help.

--kalon33.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: How to create a local buildd to build packages for other architectures ?

Quote Originally Posted by kalon33 View Post
    Hello all,

I read this how-to from debian : http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/setting-up

But got at the end something not functionnal at all.

Could you describe me a way to set up a buildd in Ubuntu (automated if possible, I have hardy, intrepid and jaunty (for testing) on my computer) which could automatically build sources (the same that I dput to my ppa in Launchpad) into debs for my arch and other ones ? I have some packages I can't redistribute to build (i.e. ffmpeg with some extra codec options) and others packages I want to try without spamming my ppa or waiting for the queue.

Thanks for your help.

--kalon33.
    The example you link to is showing a couple of things. It is a function of sbuild, which requires LVM.

pbuilder, for example, will allow you to create build environments for amd64 and i386 (as long as you have an amd64 proc and kernel)